Those of you who are clueless....

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
....there's room at my table. (I didn't save you a seat, don't worry. Nobody wants to admit that except me. :) )

I don't know enough to have an opinion on whether anybody is a good hire or not. Other than recognizable names, I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know if I should be happy or not. So I don't have a choice but to hope Jones makes a good decision.

It's no secret I'm just an emotional fan. I love UT. I love the players. I love our coaches. I love the Vols. And I refuse to apologize for it. I find things to feel good about. I find things to be proud of. I find reasons to yell GO VOLS!!! None of that is gonna change.

So, in all this mess that is happening right now, I have no opinion at all. I hope the hire is a good one that keeps us on the path we're on. I hope the hire is someone that other fan bases don't use to make fun of us. And I hope the hire is someone who brings out the best in our players.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 60 people
My comment to my wife, in which I confirmed my appreciation for ladies who love sports and were unabashedly sincere, almost got me slapped. It would be worth it, Vollygirl. The hysteria sprouting out of some of our fella' Vol fans is little girlish...not in any way that would insult a prize winner like you. I'd sit with you anytime watching our Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch were in the media giving a daily rundown on what was happening with the search, who may or may not be leaving, etc, I'd be very concerned with this coach. There's no need for anyone outside the decision making circle to have a clue until the decision is made. I'm with you....clueless...as it should be IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
after reading countless threads for days, I believe about everyone is clueless about the OC situation... most simply can't admit it.

Kudos to you my lady for being honest.

Reactions: 8 people
Thanks, as always, for your common sense responses VG. All of us are clueless--most are just too clueless to believe it.

Reactions: 4 people
All I know is Butch knows better than anyone how important (or unimportant) this hire is. He is the one who is accountable and he knows these candidates better than the fans, so I just say, "trust Butch". At some point you have to trust the people who have the accountability and best information to make the right decisions. CEOs do it every day.

....there's room at my table. (I didn't save you a seat, don't worry. Nobody wants to admit that except me. :) )

I don't know enough to have an opinion on whether anybody is a good hire or not. Other than recognizable names, I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know if I should be happy or not. So I don't have a choice but to hope Jones makes a good decision.

It's no secret I'm just an emotional fan. I love UT. I love the players. I love our coaches. I love the Vols. And I refuse to apologize for it. I find things to feel good about. I find things to be proud of. I find reasons to yell GO VOLS!!! None of that is gonna change.

So, in all this mess that is happening right now, I have no opinion at all. I hope the hire is a good one that keeps us on the path we're on. I hope the hire is someone that other fan bases don't use to make fun of us. And I hope the hire is someone who brings out the best in our players.

Go Vols!

Most of us fans don't have the technical knowledge to know the difference between a great coach or a really bad one.

But, we all have an opinion and expect UT to get us one of the best and big name coaches in the country every time their is an opening on the hill.

One thing that Fulmer used to say that I have grown to appreciate more and more over the years is plain and simple logic. "It's more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the X's and O's".

The Vols seem to have the Jimmy's and Joe's next season so all they really need is a decent coach to run the show.

Reactions: 3 people
tumblr_lpio0okUMJ1qh17feo1_500.gif

No one knows, and everyone has an opinion. It's all garbage till a decision is made. That is when the opinions have a meaning. Until then it's all bs talk.

No one knows, and everyone has an opinion. It's all garbage till a decision is made. That is when the opinions have a meaning. Until then it's all bs talk.

Those opinions, like the ones already expressed, will mean nothing to anyone other than the ones who express them.

This is all fine and dandy except... I'm not clueless. I happen to have a neighbor that has a cousin that has a gas station attentendent that has a gynecologist that's psychic. However, out of respect for Butch and the process... I'll wait to disclose my Intel.

Reactions: 2 people
Those opinions, like the ones already expressed, will mean nothing to anyone other than the ones who express them.

It's like my Drill Sargent used to say when I was in boot camp, "Opinions are like a$$holes, we all have one, and they all stink"!

It's just that simple.

I know exactly what's going on. Tennessee needs a new OC. In typical Volnation fashion, people are so desperate for info that they will start frothing at the mouth every time there is a new rumor. And, most importantly, many of the comments will be hilarious. What's not to understand? :)

Volly,

I appreciate your honesty. But all you need to do is go back to every coaching search to know half the posters on here have a "source!" LOL.

If people would simply relax and let the HC choose who he wants instead of who the fans want. What fun would that be, though?

Soon!

This is all fine and dandy except... I'm not clueless. I happen to have a neighbor that has a cousin that has a gas station attentendent that has a gynecologist that's psychic. However, out of respect for Butch and the process... I'll wait to disclose my Intel.

That is not right. The psychic gynecologist has their fingers in everything.

Those of you who are clueless....

Ya know, my girlfriend just the other day said that I was clueless. She said no matter how hard I try, I never seem to find her stats.

Last edited:

Go Vols!

**taking a seat at your table**

I agree with you 100%, volleygirl!

I'd bet good money that CBJ has more coaching experience than 98% of the posters here at VN, and I've been impressed with what he's done so far, both on and off the field. He'll deal with the OC situation and we'll be fine with his decisions.

GBO!!

VN Store

Back