No OC announcement today is good

That would be laughable.

I for one, was very impressed with Kippy when he was interm' coach for us. I believe anybody CBJ hires will be sucessfull with the roster we have. IMO Kippy's years of experience as a OC, WR and RB coach in the NFL outweights a special olympic coordinator at Michigan..

Reactions: 12 people
I for one, was very impressed with Kippy when he was interm' coach for us. I believe anybody CBJ hires will be sucessfull with the roster we have. IMO Kippy's years of experience as a OC, WR and RB coach in the NFL outweights a special olympic coordinator at Michigan..

He only had a year of OC experience back in '98. His resume screams WR coach ONLY.

No announcement today is good and probably means it's not Debord. The radio show yesterday evening told us he has several more interviews to do and they'll probably be concluded with a possible announcement by Wednesday.

But there's a thread with over 700 posts arguing because somebody had a source there would be a presser today!

If someone interviews DeBored and he denies it, then he is our next OC. Anyone have his phone #???

Kippy's calm demeanor undoubtedly helped the team transition after Lane Kiffin bailed on us.

That says nothing about his abilities as an offensive coordinator or whatever else, but he'll always hold a special place in my heart for not only his contributions in recruiting and coaching WRs, but for what he did after Kiffin left us high and dry.

Reactions: 3 people
I know we are on a forum but being overly dramatic about a decision none of us know will or won't be good is laughable.

I can't understand why everyone is so negative. How does everyone know Debord is that bad but Butch doesn't. We don't even know if its him or not.

Is everyone going to delete their posts if he is hired and we are very successful next year?

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to see Kurt Roper get an interview.

Why? I would rather see Debord get the job than Roper. Roper was atrocious as the OC at Florida this year. At least Debord was 52-11 in games that he coached when he was OC at Michigan.

My true preference would be an actual home run hire like Oregon, TCU, or ASU's OC. But it seems as though Tennessee has an aversion to making a home-run hire like that for some reason. We instead always take a risk on an "up and comer" or a "diamond in the ruff" when it comes to hiring coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
Why? I would rather see Debord get the job than Roper. Roper was atrocious as the OC at Florida this year. At least Debord was 52-11 in games that he coached when he was OC at Michigan.

My true preference would be an actual home run hire like Oregon, TCU, or ASU's OC. But it seems as though Tennessee has an aversion to making a home-run hire like that for some reason. We instead always take a risk on an "up and comer" or a "diamond in the ruff" when it comes to hiring coaches.

You can't fault Roper for the crap he dealt with around a desperate Will Muschamp and having Jeff Driskel be a complete and total bust of a quarterback.

You can't fault Roper for the crap he dealt with around a desperate Will Muschamp and having Jeff Driskel be a complete and total bust of a quarterback.

I call BS on this. Driskel stunk it up, but I think that it was more due to crappy coaching than his lack of talent. If Meyer had stayed to coach him, he probably would have been a star. Kid had a ton of talent that was wasted by Weis and Roper.

Roper got that job because of Coach Cut. Period.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back