VN references to Charlie Baggett returning (does not even rise to level of rumor)

VolNExile

Easily amused
Somewhere, Lord knows where, in the volcano of FF hysteria that has marked the last several days, I saw a half dozen or so references to Charlie Baggett. They were in the vein of "Now that it looks like Coach Baggett might/will return," etc.

I searched --I really did!! --to see where this came from, but all I got were links to 1000+ post threads, and I'm not reading through THAT again.

So, did anyone else see these references, and if so, where did they come from, and is there the slightest basis of reality to them?

Inquiring minds, and all that.

:hi:

Mueller knows!
Topic:
Mike DeBord it is .. Azzani to move on. (unconfirmed

Last edited:
Read it unconfirmed

But who's floating it out there? Someone on their third sixpack, or someone who might actually have some credibility?

It's interesting, although I don't know how the numbers would work, and it was certainly shameful how he was forced out.

Mueller has a pretty good history. Time will tell, but he floated DeBoard before we even knew about his excellence in Olympic Administration.

Some poster with zero credibility was like, "Hey we might lose Azzani and the only other WR coach I know by name that isn't Tee is Charlie Baggett."

The end

Reactions: 1 person
NEWS FLASH!!!!! Rumor mongers are out in full force. Tennessee River is full of fans jumping off bridges. Mike DeBord makes Castro look like a saint and archangel. Jimmy Hyams just broke the story that Fulmer is going to be fired and is basking in a tub of Fruit Loops so he can score an interview with the President of the US of A.

Reactions: 3 people
Spoke to butch earlier at an undisclosed location. All I can say is quit worrying cyborg has revamped and is great to bounce things off. As for bagget

Blue font??????

But who's floating it out there? Someone on their third sixpack, or someone who might actually have some credibility?

It's interesting, although I don't know how the numbers would work, and it was certainly shameful how he was forced out.

Never trust someone on their third sixpack, they don't understand economies of scale.

lol, OK thanks everyone, I thought that there might have been some credibility to this one, but obviously not.

eta: thanks volfan4ever :hi: (see post below)

Last edited:
I read a few days back on one of the articles talkng about replacements of our OC that stated Charlie Baggett as a "possible" replacement if Z goes to CMU. Don't remember which day or which article. Baggett, at one time was a very good WR coach. To each his own though. May not be Butch's choice which is all that matters.

What is the basis? Our apparent search for an OC is to a guy that has been out of coaching since 2012 and hasn't been an OC since 2007. His biggest claim is to guys he coached more than a decade ago. So, naturally, Baggett would be our WR Coach in that case. Hasn't coached since 2010. Big resume pads are coaching Chris Carter.

UT Offensive staff is basically the Expendables. Just a re-union of has-beens that haven't done much of any note since the 90s.

NEWS FLASH!!!!! Rumor mongers are out in full force. Tennessee River is full of fans jumping off bridges. Mike DeBord makes Castro look like a saint and archangel. Jimmy Hyams just broke the story that Fulmer is going to be fired and is basking in a tub of Fruit Loops so he can score an interview with the President of the US of A.

:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back