Is quarterback coach in Tampa a better job than

Otis07

offensive coordinator at Tennessee? is the money better? was Bajakian forced out?

Last edited:
It may be if you have a young family and can't keep up with the 24/7/365 coaching+recruiting pace that CBJ expects. At Tampa he is likely to get a potential all star QB to work with and have more family time.

Reactions: 2 people
It's the open door for other NFL jobs.

On a sidenote:

"Gators a solid No.14 in SEC recruiting rankings http://247sports.com/Season/2015"

It won't last but it's still nice to see a tweet like this!

Reactions: 3 people
Its a perfect situation for Jake imo to advance his career. The Bucs are going to take a QB - whether it be Mariota or Winston, if he can develop them into a successful QB the sky is the limit for his career.

Reactions: 2 people
He's going into a situation where even a modest improvement at the QB position will be viewed with reverence. Bajakian and whoever his QB is have nowhere to go but up.

Its a perfect situation for Jake imo to advance his career. The Bucs are going to take a QB - whether it be Mariota or Winston, if he can develop them into a successful QB the sky is the limit for his career.

As a Bucs fan, I'm hoping that they trade the Mariotta pick to Philly for Nick Foles and the Eagle's first and second round picks. There are too many holes to fill for the Bucs than just at QB. Mariotta would be a slam-dunk fit for Chip Kelly's offense in Philly.

Reactions: 1 person
Every opportunity is dependent on desire of each individual. There are hundreds of high school coaches that could make more money in college but the grind takes them from families more. Also some find more rewarding to deal with kids at a certain level than men. Others like the money, power or pension from an NFL job that comes with that. Pension for a pro football coach is something many overlook.

Everyone tries to read too much into this. Coach Jake has three kids under 4 years of age. Recruiting is a 365 day, 24/7 job. Think he wanted to jump to the NFL so that he'd at least have an offseason and could spend more time with his family. This was a perfect role for him because he'd get mentor a top QB from the draft.

To me, the most telling sign that this was about his family was the fact that he wasn't even considering the Central Michigan opening.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone tries to read too much into this. Coach Jake has three kids under 4 years of age. Recruiting is a 365 day, 24/7 job. Think he wanted to jump to the NFL so that he'd at least have an offseason and could spend more time with his family. This was a perfect role for him because he'd get mentor a top QB from the draft.

To me, the most telling sign that this was about his family was the fact that he wasn't even considering the Central Michigan opening.

Family could definitely play a big part. Hard to be in the road so much and miss the kids growing up

As a Bucs fan, I'm hoping that they trade the Mariotta pick to Philly for Nick Foles and the Eagle's first and second round picks. There are too many holes to fill for the Bucs than just at QB. Mariotta would be a slam-dunk fit for Chip Kelly's offense in Philly.

Agreed. Plus, the head coach needs a much better year. Team under performed. Living in Tampa, it's been a longer slump than UTs.

I don't think he was forced out but I'm sure there was some evaluation of some of his play calling this year. Perhaps a few different things weighed into his decision to leave. But to the question, OC at a major college program is generally a better job than a QB coach in the NFL.

3 young children, less hours, coach men in the NFL with no worries of academics, live on the Gulf side of Florida.

Mighty tempting even if the pay was slightly less.

VN Store

Back