Please, NO huge splash OC

madbamahater

I hope Butch brings in the right guy that will build continuity and long term chemistry with this system and team.

If he brings in one of the top coordinators in the country and throws huge money at him, what will people think when that OC wants to leave for a head coaching job next year?

This hire is about Butch making the right hire and not the sexy hire or the hire that all of us here on volnation want.

If we are all tired of the coaching carousel, why would you want him to hire someone who is just going to leave quickly, again on their own?

Reactions: 7 people
If our OC wants to leave for a HC vacancy, it means he did great things here. Man, that would be awful.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, hire someone subpar so they wont leave

There is a fine line to walk. The brightest star available as an OC was probably Lincoln Riley. There is also a good chance that Bob Stoops will be hunting for a new OC next year, as well. We are not in the position to handle that kind of turnover easily.

I hope Butch brings in the right guy that will build continuity and long term chemistry with this system and team.

If he brings in one of the top coordinators in the country and throws huge money at him, what will people think when that OC wants to leave for a head coaching job next year?

This hire is about Butch making the right hire and not the sexy hire or the hire that all of us here on volnation want.

If we are all tired of the coaching carousel, why would you want him to hire someone who is just going to leave quickly, again on their own?

The best coaches replace their great asst coaches with more great coaches (Saban) those who dont aren't (Fooley).

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand the joy people like you take in throwing that back in Butch's face. It was nearly 3 years ago at his first press conf and what did you want him to say? That he would assemble a mediocre, average SEC staff? Grow up

Stop it. There is no defense for that quote. None. It is way over the top and Butch should own it.

He could have said it 101 slightly different ways to get his message across. He didn't.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't understand the joy people like you take in throwing that back in Butch's face. It was nearly 3 years ago at his first press conf and what did you want him to say? That he would assemble a mediocre, average SEC staff? Grow up

This x1000! Geez, people around here hang in every lil thing said. I think this staff has done a incredible job and they pretty much was/are the beat staff in the country on the crutin trail. But while everybody is freakin out there still out there doin there job. GO VOLS,

This x1000! Geez, people around here hang in every lil thing said. I think this staff has done a incredible job and they pretty much was/are the beat staff in the country on the crutin trail. But while everybody is freakin out there still out there doin there job. GO VOLS,

No, people hold coaches accountable when they say things like
we r going to play rocky after we beat fla..
.n im going to hire the bsia..

And by CPF I'm going to take tn to the next level..which he did..

So r u sure we shouldn't listen

Stop it. There is no defense for that quote. None. It is way over the top and Butch should own it.

He could have said it 101 slightly different ways to get his message across. He didn't.

And how exactly would you like him to "own it"? You want him to apologize to you personally? Get over yourself and stop being so childish.

Reactions: 7 people

So best staff in america has its own acronym now lol

Reactions: 2 people
Don't worry, Vols haven't made a splash hire since Majors.

Actually, Lane Kiffin was considered a splash hire. Former NFL HC, learned from his long-time NFL DC dad, young and had swagger.

Obviously it didn't work out.

So we are holding Butch at fault for failing in this now.

I just saw a post from you in another thread talking about how we could stop donating etc..

Both of these posts apparently over a hire that has not been made. And once a hire has been made, before on field results are seen. Seems really odd.

I don't know, ask Fulmer

Last time I checked....Fulmer brought us our most recent National Title. I bet you looked down on him then too. If only our program had more fans like you. Based on many of your previous posts, you seem to be the ultimate optimist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back