Dynamic offense

CNeagleVolFan

I know we're in search of an offensive coordinator, but the way I see the team I still feel confident. Our offense has the capability of being the most dynamic in a long time. I mean butch isn't gonna bring someone in here that completely changes everything, so I know our offense will be solid. Then defense is going to be really solid! I honestly don't see many weaknesses with our squad next season, and especially with Hurd and Kamara in the backfield. What do you guys think? Still confident?? Just think about all the pieces in place next season and especially in 2016!! Well what do y'all think?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm in, and confident. I'll dig or pour footings, mix mortar, sling brick, acid wash, make a burger run -- whatever. 119

Reactions: 3 people
I like very much what I seen this past season in a very young team. I saw a team that played their hearts out. I seen players play to the end and not give up when they were down. Also I saw many players play through injury and want to stay in without a complaint. I SAW HEARTS that bleed orange to bring UT back to it's rightful place among the college football elite.
I see supportive fans and then I think, why the hell are there so many fans on the site always looking to throw these coaches that work their tails off under the first bus that comes by?
In bUTch I trust, I like his style. I stand by any OC he thinks is the best fit in HIS SYSTEM. It is still GREAT to be a Tennessee Vol!

Last edited:
I like very much what I seen this past season in a very young team. I saw a team that played their hearts out. I seen players play to the end and not give up when they were down. Also I saw many players play through injury and want to stay in without a complaint. I SAW HEARTS that bleed orange to bring UT back to it's rightful place among the college football elite.
I see supportive fans and then I think, why the hell are there so many fans on the site always looking to throw these coaches that work their tails off under the first bus that comes by?
In bUTch I trust, I like his style. I stand by any OC he thinks is the best fit in HIS SYSTEM. It is still GREAT to be a Tennessee Vol!

FYP Great to be a Tennessee Vol

Reactions: 1 person
I know we're in search of an offensive coordinator, but the way I see the team I still feel confident. Our offense has the capability of being the most dynamic in a long time. I mean butch isn't gonna bring someone in here that completely changes everything, so I know our offense will be solid. Then defense is going to be really solid! I honestly don't see many weaknesses with our squad next season, and especially with Hurd and Kamara in the backfield. What do you guys think? Still confident?? Just think about all the pieces in place next season and especially in 2016!! Well what do y'all think?

This time last year 2014 was going to be Worley's break out year throwing to the best receiving corp in the nation. Just saying be careful....expectation is the root of all heartache.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are over reacting.

With the way VN has reacted to rumors this weekend, I'm thinking that if Debord is the guy then Freak will need to put this place on suicide watch, or at the very least bring in some grief counselors.

This team must turn the corner next season and make plays during crunch time on both sides of the ball. In Essence that must learn how to win! And, imho that starts in games against Oklahoma, Georgia, and Florida. If the Vols can win those this team will win 9 or 10 games, if not 7-8. As for the coaching, it's overated, a competent coach can win with great players that are confident and have the desire to win.

While a lot of people would be upgrade over Bajakian its hard to get excited about Debord if he is really going to be the OC. What amazes me about Butch is that he is such a great recruiter of players, but seems to be completely content with very average assistants - hard to believe he could not bring higher quality assistants if he really tried. Granted most of his assistants seem to be great recruiters but in terms of play calling and teaching (at least on the offensive side) it has been poor to average so far.

Not worried unless they change the offense dramatically. That's not happening. So as long as the recruiting stays at a high level, i don't think it's all that big a deal.

We don need no stinkin' OC. Butch just needs to call the plays. Let Debord take over for Mahoney. Then he's taken care of his debt to Debord, he has a friend in place, and Debord would be a good recruiter and he knows line-play. Done and done.

GO VOLS!

The irony is that if Fulmer had hired Debord instead of Clawson he might still be the head coach and saved us from the Kif and Dool years

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, this could be a blessing in disguise if Butch hires an "underwhelming" OC such as Debord. It somewhat tempers the excitement and maybe even expectations for this coming year. All that really scares me as a Vol fan

I started this thread, my first thread by the way, to gauge everyone's expectations. I'm not expecting THE year I'm expecting a good year. The way I see it 8-5 or 9-4 would be a terrific year for us. That's what I expect.

Honestly, this could be a blessing in disguise if Butch hires an "underwhelming" OC such as Debord. It somewhat tempers the excitement and maybe even expectations for this coming year. All that really scares me as a Vol fan

And what are your expectations for next year? If you answer anything less than 8-4 than you scare me as a Vol fan. Last thing we need as fans is to let the coaches make it easier on themselves by managing to lower our expectations.

I think that as long as we keep coaches that keep our recruiting in the top 5 every year the rest will soon take care of themselves.

buTch has plans and systems for every single thing he wants to accomplish and so far it looks like he's at least 1 year ahead of schedule.

Recruiting and the ability to coach up freshmen to be able to play better than expected as true freshmen are the reasons things are ahead of schedule.

buTch knows he's in against the big boys now and he's smart, just maybe his plan was to replace our OC and Jake knew it too.

Jake may have messed up the plan by leaving earlier than buTch wanted and just maybe the OC that buTch really wanted is still locked into a job by a contract so this happened a year earlier than he wanted.

I think buTch will replace coaches as needed and when the guys he really wants are available for 2 reasons...

1...He wants to stay at Tennessee and in the EC and...

2...He wants to Win and he hates to lose.

I think the timing was messed up and now his hand has been called so he can only do the best he can, for now.

I think hiring coaches is simple for buTch.

He wants coaches that can and will work really hard to recruit, can teach and develope players to become the best they can become and coaches that will abide by the plans and systems that buTch has in place.

Tennessee is the chance buTch has to try and prove that he can compete and win in the big boy league and he doesn't want to get fired and have to try to rebuild his coaching career all over again.

I'd bet there's guys he'd rather have a chance to get as his new OC that he just can't get because they're already locked in by contract and AD Hart isn't going to spend the money to buyout their contract.

Nobody really knows what's going to happen and the only thing any of us can do now is wait and see when the announcement comes out.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back