Why All The Doom & Gloom?

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
It doesn't matter who we hire, it's Butch's team and everyone knows it. Last I checked everyone was disappointed in the play calling and maybe Butch was too. I think Butch politely told him to look elsewhere. He could hire Joe Schmo and the offensive system isn't going to change because it's his system. Also if Coach Z wants to leave because he wasn't seriously considered then so be it. Sorry but if he was in charge of the receiving group he has failed us in development because I didn't see much improvement in the receiving corp throughout the season and if he thinks he deserves to be an OC he's delusional. Also UT sells itself in recruiting so if he does leave he will be easily replaced without anyone noticing a difference in recruiting. Lastly if we do have defectors, which I don't think we will hardly have any, then that's their decision. I'd rather have kids that want to be here no matter what. We want guys like Jalen Hurd, KMac, Brian Randolph, TKjr. If they don't bleed orange then they shouldn't be here in the first place. I'm tired of all the negativity on the OC coaching search because Butch gets paid handsomely to make the big boy decisions and we should trust that he will make the right hire even if it doesn't make a splash. Butch wasn't a big splash and I think everyone for the most part is pleased with what he has done since he's been here. Everyone needs to chill out and let this thing ride out the way it's suppose to. In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X".

Reactions: 11 people
It doesn't matter who we hire, it's Butch's team and everyone knows it. Last I checked everyone was disappointed in the play calling and maybe Butch was too. I think Butch politely told him to look elsewhere. He could hire Joe Schmo and the offensive system isn't going to change because it's his system. Also if Coach Z wants to leave because he wasn't seriously considered then so be it. Sorry but if he was in charge of the receiving group he has failed us in development because I didn't see much improvement in the receiving corp throughout the season and if he thinks he deserves to be an OC he's delusional. Also UT sells itself in recruiting so if he does leave he will be easily replaced without anyone noticing a difference in recruiting. Lastly if we do have defectors, which I don't think we will hardly have any, then that's their decision. I'd rather have kids that want to be here no matter what. We want guys like Jalen Hurd, KMac, Brian Randolph, TKjr. If they don't bleed orange then they shouldn't be here in the first place. I'm tired of all the negativity on the OC coaching search because Butch gets paid handsomely to make the big boy decisions and we should trust that he will make the right hire even if it doesn't make a splash. Butch wasn't a big splash and I think everyone for the most part is pleased with what he has done since he's been here. Everyone needs to chill out and let this thing ride out the way it's suppose to. In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X".

Ikr. I've debated about waiting until after nsd to even read any of these threads. It's crazy time.

UT will be fine with this hire. You should know better by now: Vol fans (and every other school in the SEC) love to nitpick and play armchair AD.

Reactions: 2 people
Welcome to the forum. All you can do is overlook the doom and gloom. It's here no matter if we win or lose.

Reactions: 2 people

:clapping:

The offense will be improved. It will remain, basically the same but with new ideas. It always happens when new ideas are implemented.

Spot on, especially with coach Azzanni. I've seen on every article and lots of threads here, fans saying its "azzanni's offense anyways, z for OC, etc etc" and I just don't get it. Aside from the o-line, I'd put WRs and QBs as tied for worst performing units relative to their potential. So why is everyone on the Azzanni train? What am I missing? Also spot on with coach bajakian. No doubt about it he was stuffing a square peg into a round hole with Worley. Why waste the time doing the fake read option when there's no option. Worley could've possibly excelled under a better line and different offensive system - we saw that several times with his throws prior to getting banged up and playing scared/hurt. I feel bad for the guy. Also bajakian made some of THE WORST play call decisions at game critical moments. Make excuses all you want, but he's not cut out to be a successful OC in the sec.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
it doesn't matter who we hire, it's butch's team and everyone knows it. Last i checked everyone was disappointed in the play calling and maybe butch was too. I think butch politely told him to look elsewhere. He could hire joe schmo and the offensive system isn't going to change because it's his system. Also if coach z wants to leave because he wasn't seriously considered then so be it. Sorry but if he was in charge of the receiving group he has failed us in development because i didn't see much improvement in the receiving corp throughout the season and if he thinks he deserves to be an oc he's delusional. Also ut sells itself in recruiting so if he does leave he will be easily replaced without anyone noticing a difference in recruiting. Lastly if we do have defectors, which i don't think we will hardly have any, then that's their decision. I'd rather have kids that want to be here no matter what. We want guys like jalen hurd, kmac, brian randolph, tkjr. If they don't bleed orange then they shouldn't be here in the first place. I'm tired of all the negativity on the oc coaching search because butch gets paid handsomely to make the big boy decisions and we should trust that he will make the right hire even if it doesn't make a splash. Butch wasn't a big splash and i think everyone for the most part is pleased with what he has done since he's been here. Everyone needs to chill out and let this thing ride out the way it's suppose to. In the words of aaron rodgers, "r-e-l-a-x".

preach!!!

I'll bet people like Coach Majors are sitting back and saying, "man I'm glad I coached before the internet era."

Reactions: 8 people
Changing offensive coordinators?

Attachments

• 2015-01-25-23-50-47-1813250721.jpeg
    2015-01-25-23-50-47-1813250721.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 393
I trust CBJ....
You trusted Kiffin...when he told 5* QB Boyd to hit the road, knowing he didn't have a single QB prospect to replace him.

Then you trusted Kiffin when he told Bryce Petty to beat it...again, we had no other QB lined up. Petty is considered the 3-4th best QB in the draft this year.

You trusted Kiffin when he chose Matt Simms over Cam Newton, and we know how that turned out.

You trusted Hamilton's hire of Derek Dooley. Then you trusted Dooley's hiring of Sal Sunseri..."he's a real badazz" you stated.

How many times are you going to be wrong before you catch on? Huh? Coaches are NOT infallible. They make some good decisions and they make some bad ones. The coaches who enjoy sustained success are the ones who simply make the fewest.

Reactions: 4 people
The offense will be improved. It will remain, basically the same but with new ideas. It always happens when new ideas are implemented.

You mean in the future we may even expand the playbook to 4 offensive plays? Maybe even call some plays to advance the ball forward instead of sideways? :rock:

It didn't exactly "sell itself" while Dooley was here...

Actually even when Dools was here the lowest class was like 32nd or something like that. I consider his era as rock bottom for the program but we could've done a lot worse than that. This is a great university and people know that.

We are Tennessee fans. Doom & Gloom is in our DNA, and exacerbated by our still all too fresh memories of the Dooley years. The 21st century has not been kind to us. So, if it isn't too much trouble, get off your soapbox buddy, and cut us some freakin slack. Until a new OC is hired, we are going to worry. Get used to it.

VN Store

Back