Mike DeBord & Tennessee: Is It The Right Choice This Time?

All I saw when I clicked the link was a kid swinging a bat and a caption that said "Swing and a miss!"

That is indeed what this hire would be if we hired DeBord.

Reactions: 3 people
swing.png

Reactions: 2 people
All I saw when I clicked the link was a kid swinging a bat and a caption that said "Swing and a miss!"

That is indeed what this hire would be if we hired DeBord.

The same thing many said about Butch Jones.

Yeah, I think the last time there was this kind if frenzy in VN was when we whiffed on Strong, Gruden, and Gundy and HAD to go with Butch Jones, who most on here didn't want. That's worked out pretty well. Calm down.

Reactions: 8 people
The same thing many said about Butch Jones.

Not really. Say what you want about Jones but he had plenty of schools who were interested in hiring him. DeBord is coaching women's field hockey for a reason. This is much more like the Dooley hire.

Hall of Fame Coach Lloyd Carr hired Mike Debord....not once but twice 2 be his OC....I really like this idea of hiring Debord...I am probably in the minority here and stirring up the pot here...but I think it will be a really good fit....they know what it is expected and how each other thinks....2 me that is also very important....

Reactions: 3 people
Hall of Fame Coach Lloyd Carr hired Mike Debord....not once but twice 2 be his OC....I really like this idea of hiring Debord...I am probably in the minority here and stirring up the pot here...but I think it will be a really good fit....they know what it is expected and how each other thinks....2 me that is also very important....
:yu:2 me 2, plus those who can see past their porches. When I first perused the posts decrying disaster if DeBord is hired, I noticed the usual characters with their wadded up panties. Yep. Go figure. Next I googled up all the info I could pertaining to this guy. Aside from being misinformed as to DeBord's qualifications in general, this usual crowd of suspects have missed out on the fact that his philosophies and apparent play calling acumen seem to fit in beautifully with BUTch's overall schemes, and as an OC his record is stellar. I'd applaud his hiring. You got my like.:clap:

Reactions: 1 person
:yu:2 me 2, plus those who can see past their porches. When I first perused the posts decrying disaster if DeBord is hired, I noticed the usual characters with their wadded up panties. Yep. Go figure. Next I googled up all the info I could pertaining to this guy. Aside from being misinformed as to DeBord's qualifications in general, this usual crowd of suspects have missed out on the fact that his philosophies and apparent play calling acumen seem to fit in beautifully with BUTch's overall schemes, and as an OC his record is stellar. I'd applaud his hiring. You got my like.:clap:

Couldn't agree more...thanks for the like....and gave you one right back....

If butch thinks it's the right decision I'll go with his opinion over fans opinions. He knows what he's doing, he's proved that for two years.

If Fulmer would have hired him, Fulmer still may be coaching. To hire him now may not be the right fit.
I see. At what age, then, do you figure a person's brain is all full and can't absorb new ideas? Forgive my elderly two cents, but I figure you've not even crossed that middle age threshold...not yet. Whoever or whatever has convinced you that growing older equals losing the ability to keep up with the nuts and bolts of your current profession has to be just as oblivious as your shallow presumption. All I can say is bless your heart and hopefully you'll survive this period of imagined brilliance. I'd suggest you "grow up." But on that...you haven't a choice (at least numerically).:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back