Heard Inky Johnson speak tonight - AWESOME

jps2194

Vol for Life
For those of you that haven't had a chance to hear Inky Johnson speak, find an opportunity and go. He came and spoke to the Powell High School football banquet tonight and I was ready to run through a wall after his speech. What an awesome man and awesome talk. He truly has a gift. My senior and freshman were inspired and awe struck by Inky. He gave each senior a autographed copy of his book, but his message was fantastic. He spoke of emptying the bucket - which means to give everything you have in all that you do. He spoke about not only giving everything you have on the field, but also in the classroom.

As you may or may not know, Powell went 1-9 this year. Inky said he went 1-9 every year in high school except once when they went 2-8. He spoke of how that gave him a fire and drove him. He also spoke of Eric Berry and how he speaks with him every day. Eric is currently going through chemo and is doing well.

Finally, he had one hilarious comment. He was talking about a bracelet he got when he was a grad assistant on Lane Kiffin's staff and said that was the only good thing to come out of Kiffin's time here. We all laughed and he said ' "I'm serious". :)

Here are a couple of pics of Inky. What a great night. See him if you can. One pic is my two boys with him - they were on cloud nine.

Attachments

• Inky.jpg
    Inky.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kyle Reid and Inky.jpg
    Kyle Reid and Inky.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 25 people
My son and I will see Inky on February 21st at Sportsfest in Nashville. Thanks for the cool story!

Inky is another one that hated Kiffin.
When my nephew was getting him to autograph his hat, Inky signed on the underside of the bill because Kiffin had already signed the top and he was worried it would make him angry if he signed on the top too.

Inky talked about how he was projected to be a top 30 draft pick. I knew he would be going to the NFL, but hadn't realized he was projected to be drafted that high.

My sons heard him speak at their church this sunday. They said he was absolutely amazing and the best speaker they had (have) ever heard... He really did have an influence on them.

My sons heard him speak at their church this sunday. They said he was absolutely amazing and the best speaker they had (have) ever heard... He really did have an influence on them.

I can see why:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_JlMHKaHbY[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN0qH-4PLNI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He was truly a wonderful football player. I am proud to see how wonderful of a person this young man has become. A true VFL!!!

Great thread and thanks for sharing it! :thumbsup:

Great looking boys too! Must have great parents! :salute:

If you are in Middle Tennessee and want to hear Inky speak, he is going to be speaking at my church on Sunday June 28th. New Vision Baptist in Murfreesboro, times are 8:20, 9:40, and 11. Definitely a great representative of the Vol Nation!

Reactions: 2 people
I forgot, what all type of damage did his injury cause? I see his right arm is non-functional , but what else?

VN Store

Back