In defense of Mike Debord:

norrislakevol

1) How much can one possibly forget about football if you have been successful before?

2) He is a proven winner.

3) I recall people whining about Cutcliffe the last time he was here. He wasn't imaginative enough blah, blah, blah...Looks like he has done ok as an "Old Man"

4) Does anyone honestly think that Butch Jones would risk his career here by hiring someone that couldn't recruit or couldn't call plays or couldn't scheme??? That just would make zero sense.

5) It's Jones offense anyways....not a lot will change.

Now having said this, I may look at other candidates, but I'm not the guy in charge and DeBord and Jones know a whoooole lot more about football than I do.

GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
1) How much can one possibly forget about football if you have been successful before?

3) I recall people whining about Cutcliffe the last time he was here. He wasn't imaginative enough blah, blah, blah...Looks like he has done ok as an "Old Man"

4) Does anyone honestly think that Butch Jones would risk his career here by hiring someone that couldn't recruit or couldn't call plays or couldn't scheme??? That just would make zero sense.

Now having said this, I may look at other candidates, but I'm not the guy in charge and DeBord and Jones know a whoooole lot more about football than I do.

GO VOLS!!!
No offense and just for conversational purposes only, how is he a proven winner? His record at CMU was horrible and he was at the forefront of arguably the worst stretch of UM football ever.

Reactions: 7 people

5) It's Jones offense anyways....not a lot will change.

GO VOLS!!!
Another adult chimes in. Thanks, but the children will still kick and scream.

Reactions: 6 people
No offense and just for conversational purposes only, how is he a proven winner? His record at CMU was horrible and he was at the forefront of arguably the worst stretch of UM football ever.

What??? He won a national title at UM. Most of the QB's that played under him went on to the NFL....including Tom Brady.

Reactions: 5 people
The same thing could have been said about Fulmer.
Butch isn't infallible. DeBord is not a consideration for any other OC job in the country. He is only considered be cause he hired Butch back in the day.

To interview for the OC job at UT you first have to be a candidate. Debord isn't a candidate apart from this past relationship. This was a guy who was ready to dissapear into coaching history. Butch has gone beyond stupid if this is true. There is no evidence that anyone other than Debord was interviewed.

Reactions: 6 people
The same thing could have been said about Fulmer.
Butch isn't infallible. DeBord is not a consideration for any other OC job in the country. He is only considered be cause he hired Butch back in the day.

To interview for the OC job at UT you first have to be a candidate. Debord isn't a candidate apart from this past relationship. This was a guy who was ready to dissapear into coaching history. Butch has gone beyond stupid if this is true. There is no evidence that anyone other than Debord was interviewed.

Was DeBord even looking for a coaching position? Maybe he was content where he was and not looking for coaching positions and Butch just happened to call him up? Idk

VN Store

Back