Butch to Talk on OC Serach

JohnMcA60

Butch Jones is close to hiring his new offensive coordinator
This is the link to the radio show conversation between Butch and the radio hosts

@FootballScoop: FootballScoop radio on @1045espn in 30 minutes. We'll have @UTCoachJones on. Very interested to hear his thoughts on upcoming OC hire

@FootballScoop: I'll tweet a link to ESPN radio app closer to 6 central. FootballScoop radio should be a good one @1045espn

Should be interesting but probably no hints on who he is after especially with Mike DeBord seeming like the hire.

Edit After The Interview:

@Vol_Football: JONES on @FootballScoop Radio: We are looking to bring in an individual who can elevate our staff and someone who is a fit.

@Vol_Football: JONES: We want an individual who can call plays. We want someone who might have coached multiple positions. Creativeness, energy.

@Vol_Football: JONES: We are not looking for an overhaul, we are looking to enhance our system and continue to grow it.

@Vol_Football: JONES: We can’t go backwards and spend time installing a new system.

@Vol_Football: JONES: It is a great profession. With the younger guys on our staff, it is our duty to enhance their positions. Constantly educate them.

@Vol_Football: JONES: We want individuals who are dedicated to this sport. We have heavily involve our quality control & grad assts. I’m grateful for them.

@Vol_Football: JONES: Phillip Fulmer, Jon Gruden, Peyton Manning have been great resources during this coordinator search

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
@FootballScoop: FootballScoop radio on @1045espn in 30 minutes. We'll have @UTCoachJones on. Very interested to hear his thoughts on upcoming OC hire

@FootballScoop: I'll tweet a link to ESPN radio app closer to 6 central. FootballScoop radio should be a good one @1045espn

Should be interesting but probably no hints on who he is after especially with Mike DeBord seeming like the hire.

ESPN? He's hiring Gruden?!

Reactions: 2 people
Rumor has it there is a flight arriving in Knoxville from Denver tonight!

Update!! Update!!! Flight from Tuscaloosa just landed in Knoxville!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Butch isn't going to tell us a thing about the coaching search

He will use coach speak, i.e., " we are currently evaluating every possible candidate to assure that we hire the person that fits the needs of this team and our coaching staff "

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Butch isn't going to tell us a thing about the coaching search

He will use coach speak, i.e., " we are currently evalusting every possible candidate to assure that we hire the person that fits the needd of this team and our coaching staff "

Butch is that you ?

Peyton Manning announced as a graduate assistant. $20k salary.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back