How do we finish 2015 if Mike DeBord is the OC?

How do we finish 2015 if Mike DeBord is the OC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think with this hire we see a vast improvement on our oline at the very least and if that happens the sky is the limit. Azzani has been great on the recruiting trail but our WRs have been underwhelming...CB would be a huge upgrade coaching wise.

Ha. Nine people think we will the SEC! That's pretty hilarious. It would be an absolutely incredible feat for us to win the East. Winning the SEC is a laughable expectation. It's certainly possible, but I sure as hell wouldn't expect it.

For any young people reading, hope this helps.
You have been hearing these horror stories if Debord is hired. There has been spin put
on several things and I am going to spin the other way using examples.

1. "Too old to recruit" - Debord 58. Saban - 63
2. "Been out of coaching" - Meyer (obvious)
3. "It was UMs defense that won a championship
nobody ever wanted Debored" - UT fans.
Debord was the runner up candidate to Dave Clawson. When Clawson was hired, UT were actually upset that we didn't take Debord, no matter what they say about it now. Turns out, they were right to have wanted him over Clawson.

EDIT: Not comparing the coaches, just using examples to show age etc.. does not mean you can't recruit.
Used a famous example but feel free to sub with another older recruiter.

Now am I hoping he's hired? Nope. Not because I dislike him, I just want whoever will gel the best with the team. I'm not pulling for anyone.

A few will debate the items in this post. And that's fine, I could do the same myself.
The point being, don't let others scare you into "all is lost" on any hire. If this is Butchs offense, their main job will just be to call which play that was pre-approven by CBJ.
*If it's Debord, He may suck or do ok. But that's pretty much the case for any OC trying to run someone elses offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For any young people reading, hope this helps.
You have been hearing these horror stories if Debord is hired. There has been spin put
on several things and I am going to spin the other way using examples.

1. "Too old to recruit" - Debord 58. Saban - 63
2. "Been out of coaching" - Meyer (obvious)
3. "It was UMs defense that won a championship
nobody ever wanted Debored" - UT fans.
Debord was the runner up candidate to Dave Clawson. When Clawson was hired, UT were actually upset that we didn't take Debord, no matter what they say about it now. Turns out, they were right to have wanted him over Clawson.

Now am I hoping he's hired? Nope. Not because I dislike him, I just want whoever will gel the best with the team. I'm not pulling for anyone.

A few will debate the items in this post. And that's fine, I could do the same myself.
The point being, don't let others scare you into "all is lost" on any hire. If this is Butchs offense, their main job will just be to call which play that was pre-approven by CBJ.
*If it's Debord, He may suck or do ok. But that's pretty much the case for any OC trying to run someone elses offense.

No way you just compared Debord to Saban. Only thing they have in common is they are both white, coached in the Big 10, and over 55

VN Store

Back