• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

How desirable is the UT offense for candidates

I think the UT OC job has a few things going that make it, this year, more desirable than lately.

Last year a lot was to blame on not having the right QB early, the o-line was a mess obviously, freshman tight end starting, freshman RB starting, you get the point. Despite all that they got better as a unit and individually by the end of the year and we are loaded with talent now. The receivers should be one of the deepest in the SEC. If Kamara is what we are hoping we could have a top 1-2 punch run game this year with Hurd. We have a promising QB. How good we can actually be on offense is going to depend on the o-line, as it so often does. Luckily, we only lose one starter from a weak line a year ago and all these guys are a year older. Not to add the defensive unit we have is pretty solid which makes life easier on the offense. So the potential is sky high.

If you are a good OC trying to get a HC job this could be a gold vault. If a new guy comes in and we win more games than last year and the offense improves (which naturally it should) he will be given a lot of credit. If we won the east or were a big contender his stock would be through the roof! I think it's a pretty good opportunity but obviously not quite nice enough to lure an Oregon, OSU, Baylor OC on a lateral move. Just wondered what others peoples thoughts on it was.

OC for UT is a great opportunity for someone. We're in a buyers market now folks.

If what you say is true OP, then there shouldn't be any problem with hiring a very good proven OC. We shall see.

A dynamic and mobile QB, 2 5* running backs, quality and depth at WR, recruiting is going very well,......looks like an incoming OC will have a good foundation to work with to me.

As much of you bashed coach Mike Bajakian on here. He had to work with a new O-line with not much SEC play from them. He lost most of his WRs this past year. Hurd got hurt a couple times. You all gripped about his play calling. I think he done a good job with what he had to work with. Now that being said the new OC will have more to work with from the start. I would think the OC job at Tennessee would be in the top 10 in the nation. We need a young OC who can relate to these kids and can recruit.

Reactions: 1 person
Wait.. There is more then 1 candidate? Maybe a better question is how desirable is the offense to Mike DeBord because I haven't heard another name seriously being considered

As much of you bashed coach Mike Bajakian on here. He had to work with a new O-line with not much SEC play from them. He lost most of his WRs this past year. Hurd got hurt a couple times. You all gripped about his play calling. I think he done a good job with what he had to work with. Now that being said the new OC will have more to work with from the start. I would think the OC job at Tennessee would be in the top 10 in the nation. We need a young OC who can relate to these kids and can recruit.
Coach B gone.

Wait.. There is more then 1 candidate? Maybe a better question is how desirable is the offense to Mike DeBord because I haven't heard another name seriously being considered

You are assuming that this board and handful of posters really know what is going on. If Mike DeBord was going to be the OC and CBJ is as enamored with him as some suggest then he would already hired him. Literally nothing is preventing him from doing so and it would be silly to wait if he truly had his man.

DeBord has been busy working on "olympic" sports at Michigan. Really? Maybe I misread that one. Seems highly desirable especially with his ties to the SE in recruiting.

You are assuming that this board and handful of posters really know what is going on. If Mike DeBord was going to be the OC and CBJ is as enamored with him as some suggest then he would already hired him. Literally nothing is preventing him from doing so and it would be silly to wait if he truly had his man.

I hope your right.... Some have suggested that DeBord is simply assisting CBJ in his search. How much stock would you put into that?

[QUO TE=Jonsson;11125347]I hope your right.... Some have suggested that DeBord is simply assisting CBJ in his search. How much stock would you put into that?[/QUOTE]DeBord has been a major influence on CBJ, and it wouldn't surprise me if his advice is, indeed, being sought, and not to be asked to be the Vols' OC. After enduring the scared little girls crying all over VN, decrying DeBords hiring to be orange land's imminent destruction if such an insanity was applied, I googled up the old boy's creds. This man's solid as a coordinator and made a name for himself for his innovative schemes and play calling. This "old man" stigma some of you children are spewing is typical of those who think they've got everything figured out before middle age. Ha! DeBord's got a great deal of respect from HCs in both the NFL and CFB and he's ahead of the curve with OLs and TEs. The only negative aspect showing up's when he attempted to run the whole show as HC. He's always been a top tier coordinator. Players love him, too. Unless BUTch's started hittin' the pipe, I believe he'll continue making prudent choices about his staff. If he deemed Cumbie or Frost would work out best, I'd say he would apply his proven-effective coach-speak and get one of them into the fold. Oh, crap! I forgot to ask Bob Mueller about his take on this! I'm sure BUTch has flown him in, too.

Reactions: 2 people
[QUO TE=Jonsson;11125347]I hope your right.... Some have suggested that DeBord is simply assisting CBJ in his search. How much stock would you put into that?
DeBord has been a major influence on CBJ, and it wouldn't surprise me if his advice is, indeed, being sought, and not to be asked to be the Vols' OC.

After enduring the scared little girls crying all over VN, decrying DeBords hiring to be orange land's imminent destruction if such an insanity was applied, I googled up the old boy's creds. This man's solid as a coordinator and made a name for himself for his innovative schemes and play calling.

This "old man" stigma some of you children are spewing is typical of those who think they've got everything figured out before middle age. Ha! DeBord's got a great deal of respect from HCs in both the NFL and CFB and he's ahead of the curve with OLs and TEs. The only negative aspect showing up's when he attempted to run the whole show as HC. He's always been a top tier coordinator.

Players love him, too. Unless BUTch's started hittin' the pipe, I believe he'll continue making prudent choices about his staff. If he deemed Cumbie or Frost would work out best, I'd say he would apply his proven-effective coach-speak and get one of them into the fold.

Oh, crap! I forgot to ask Bob Mueller about his take on this! I'm sure BUTch has flown him in, too.[/QUOTE]

☺

VN Store

Back