Any outside smoke/rumors?

pondr

Selective Misanthrope
Admittedly, I'm basing this entirely on what goes on around here whenever there is a rumor one of the coaches is on some other team's short-list or is being considered for a position with another team...but I have been to several forums for Arizona, TCU, WVU, Notre Dame...essentially any team that has someone whose name has been mentioned on this board as a possible candidate for the OC job...

And it's crickets. Everywhere. I found nothing on any boards even hinting that one of their guys was being considered for the OC job at UT.

Was just wondering if anyone had come across ANYTHING on any outside site, other team forum, rumor mill site or any other place on the interwebs that might give hope anyone other than Debord is being considered...

Joe Bugel is involved, per gamelink dot com

Are you talking about the Washington Redskins O-line coach...the one who has been retired since 2010?

Yeesh...

I actually started this hoping for some positive rumors :ermm:

Admittedly, I'm basing this entirely on what goes on around here whenever there is a rumor one of the coaches is on some other team's short-list or is being considered for a position with another team...but I have been to several forums for Arizona, TCU, WVU, Notre Dame...essentially any team that has someone whose name has been mentioned on this board as a possible candidate for the OC job...

And it's crickets. Everywhere. I found nothing on any boards even hinting that one of their guys was being considered for the OC job at UT.

Was just wondering if anyone had come across ANYTHING on any outside site, other team forum, rumor mill site or any other place on the interwebs that might give hope anyone other than Debord is being considered...

I'll need to see your stats before I comment.

Reactions: 3 people
A real good chance CBJ has not interviewed anyone yet with NSD looming in 9 days. I doubt he will hurry the hire just to save or switch a recruit or 2.. JMO FWIW

My hunch (and it's just a hunch I'm in no way an insider) is that he's advising CBJ on the hire.

Again, just a hunch. I don't want any OG repeats going on.

Hope it is not Debord. Butch will pick someone who he knows. With his connections with Michigan and Ohio areas you might look that way. Then he and Brian Kelly at ND are probably good friends, Butch will ask around he will get someone good for UTs OC.

My hunch (and it's just a hunch I'm in no way an insider) is that he's advising CBJ on the hire.

Again, just a hunch. I don't want any OG repeats going on.

I didn't know that DeBord was a fan of Tennessee or currently our Athletic Director.

I didn't know that DeBord was a fan of Tennessee or currently our Athletic Director.

AD has nothing to do with the hiring of assistants outside of compensation.

CBJ and Debord are close. He could very well be playing an advisory role.

Reactions: 1 person
It's because other team's fan base and their message boards stink compared to VOLNATION! We are 24/7 and we don't just "like" our team. We're obsessed with Tennessee football. Hence the crickets from them.

It is interesting to note though that Butch talked about many expressing interest, yet not one outside source has put a single name out there. With all the interest we were told there was, shouldn't at least a few names have popped up by now? I've never seen the UTAD this tight-lipped. Normally there are multiple rumors by this point.

VN Store

Back