Kiffin being more "considerate" than Jake was?

Volngeorgia

I have a Bama friend who says that Kiffin has taken the 49ers job but that he won't announce until after NSD out of respect for Saban giving him a second chance after USC.

If this is true, it makes me wonder if Butch had asked Jake to do the same but Jake said no?

I don't see Jakes rush since it's a pro job and he could easily have waited 12 more days. Vol luck, dammit! :banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah... real "considerate" to recruit kids to play for you and then bail after NSD.

It's a business and there's never a convenient time for staff changed. No point trying to make the timing an issue either way.

Reactions: 18 people
Heard that someone from NFL leaked Bajakian leaving so the cat was out of the bag. Hope we don't lose anyone. Preston Williams is visiting Auburn today.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, I think UT's coaches having opportunities to move up in their careers is a "good" sign.... but the timing is still a mystery. The NFL draft is months away. I'll be honest enough to say that I do not know they year round work cycle of an NFL coach... but it doesn't seem that 3 weeks more would have been asking too much.

Are we losing recruits because of this?

Not yet. Unless it is different from most situations, UT won't lose many or any. The biggest factors to most recruits are the school and the HC. Unless they have been sold wrong or advised wrong... they know that assistant coaches come and go. They expect it or should.

Yeah... real "considerate" to recruit kids to play for you and then bail after NSD.

It's a business and there's never a convenient time for staff changed. No point trying to make the timing an issue either way.

That's true but it is the "norm".

Yea Kiffin and Saban are good honest people. Kiffin has always been good at doing people favors. Get over it things are looking up on Rocky Top!

The 49ers aren't about to make a franchise changing QB pick. Jake needs to be doing his job now.

Jake won't choose his new QB.
First, uve got the Bucs owner, then GM, Head Coach, and OC that all outrank him in making this choice.

I think Jakes 8 years with Butch was worth 12 more days.

I have a Bama friend who says that Kiffin has taken the 49ers job but that he won't announce until after NSD out of respect for Saban giving him a second chance after USC.

If this is true, it makes me wonder if Butch had asked Jake to do the same but Jake said no?

I don't see Jakes rush since it's a pro job and he could easily have waited 12 more days. Vol luck, dammit! :banghead2:
There is zero evidence any kid coming to this or any other major program bail out on a scholly commit due to a coordinator change. It is pure fantasy drummed up by nervous nellies looking for something to wring their hands over during the off season. Spend your time doing something productive like knitting and taking extra estrogen tabs.

Reactions: 5 people

Stopped reading after this

wth, Jake leaving hasn't hurt recruiting at all, how about a source?

I think you are over thinking this way too much and drawing conclusions based off of absolutely nothing...but hey, thats the VN way.

There is never a "good" time for a coach to leave a program.

That being said, there is absolutely nothing that Kiffin has done, ever will do, or thought about doing that isn't 100% about himself.

it isn't a secret that LK is the front runner for the 49ers OC job, if he has accepted the job then so be it but frankly I don't see any kid decommitting from Bama because this dickweed was leaving

If a recruit wants to leave then they can GTFO and watch us put on the SEC hat in Atlanta one day.

VN Store

Back