So now that we need Corner depth, I feel like there's some MIA players out there...

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
If Payne is gone, and with Coleman graduating, I can't help but wonder what happened to some bigger corner names from earlier in the Bufch era.

What happened to Devaun Swafford, he got substantial playing time in 2013. Last year it seemed like he didn't exist.

Riyahd Jones? Weren't we all really excited about him at one point?

Did Gaulden leave? It seems like he did but I can't remember.

Did Cortez McDowell ever get on the field?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If Payne is gone, and with Coleman graduating and whispers of Moseley leaving, I can't help but wonder what happened to some bigger corner names from earlier in the Bufch area.

What happened to Devaun Swafford, he got substantial playing time in 2013. Last year it seemed like he didn't exist.

Still playing

Transferred*

Edit: BleedingButch said he's still here

Still playing

Last edited:
Mosley not leaving, that was a 2016 recruit named Mosley that some dumb poster got confused by reading an ambiguous tweet.

Rod Wilks is coming back. He will be the secondary. Butch asked him to return so he send 3 corners and safeties packing, and make room for new commits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Moseley would be a fool to leave. Actually, anyone is a fool to leave UT but you know what I mean

Moseley isn't thinking of leaving. Some genius saw a tweet from a recruit, Emanuel Bridges, and somehow thought it was Moseley. Nothing to see there.

If Payne is gone, and with Coleman graduating and whispers of Moseley leaving, I can't help but wonder what happened to some bigger corner names from earlier in the Bufch area.

With all due respect, did u pay attn to any games or the bowl game?

Reactions: 9 people
My mind is blown by the little girl hissy-fits being thrown right now. Someone explain why this thread sent everyone into crybaby mode. We talked A LOT about Riyahd Jones when he got here, if he transferred I apologize, I wasn't aware.

Swafford made some huge plays for us in 2013 and rarely saw the field in 2014, just wondering if he was injured or just wasn't that good.

I don't know why I thought Gaulden transferred, obviously I was wrong.

I don't remember seeing McDowell's name called a lot, maybe it was and I missed it.

Sorry you bunch of whiny brats, I didn't know this thread would send so many people into a whirl of pissyness.

Edit: looks like a lot of the crying got deleted. Much appreciated mods.

Last edited:
Yes. Did one or more of the players I mentioned get substantial playing time and I missed it?

Moseley is starting at CB...

Gaulden is going to be the NB and a backup safety in 2015

Swafford is a back-up NB and CB

Jones transferred out of the program...he never made it.

McDowell back up LB...

:hi:

My mind is blown by the little girl hissy-fits being thrown right now. Someone explain why this thread sent everyone into crybaby mode. We talked A LOT about Riyahd Jones when he got here, if he transferred I apologize, I wasn't aware.

Swafford made some huge plays for us in 2013 and rarely saw the field in 2014, just wondering if he was injured or just wasn't that good.

I don't remember seeing McDowell's name called a lot, maybe it was and I missed it.

Sorry you bunch of whiny brats, I didn't know this thread would send so many people into a whirl of pissyness.

I think Jones graduated at yrs end but did not play much.

Swafford played in every game and had 5 tackles

McDowell was leading tackler on Special teams lol

Jones did not transfer, he graduated did not play in any games in 2014

At utsports.com, they have rosters and player stats. You can see rosters for about the last 20 to 30 yrs.

Will people quit posting players are leaving before i have a heart attach, i am 52 the old ticker isnt like it once was, or the heart either.:thud:

Reactions: 2 people
Is Jalen too tall to play corner?. Seriously though you have picked up on one thing, depth.. Tennessee was woefully thin this year, and it cost us dearly, Depth will be better in 15 but still not where it has to be to win championships.. 16 it starts to happen and that's when with some luck mixed in, it can happen

VN Store

Back