Learning to win again

govols2008

As hard as it is not to panic I think we all need to step back and breath. We have all come accustomed to things over the years that we need to shake.

Players are going to come and go. This right here is going to happen at any high level program. Butch is bringing in top level talent and that means that some of these kids will be recruited over and not be willing to become a starter down the road. I also think that Butch has really used the early playing time card and some of them see that's not true for them. That's not a knock on butch, but just the truth.

Coaches will leave. If we are where we want to be then our coaches will leave and that's a good thing. Right now we are a hot program and people will want to latch onto that and get our coaches. While I hate to lose anyone it is a good thing to have other whoops wanting your guys. If other schools aren't coming after our coaches and recruits then something is very wrong, anyone having memories of Dooley?

Lastly keep in mind that now we have depth that Butch hasn't had to this point. As a coach myself sometimes if you are desperately low on depth you have to take risks and sometimes let things go. Now that our depth is better Butch has the luxury of running the program like he wants.

I know it's hard but the sky isn't falling guys. We will be fine and in 2 weeks we will have another top 5 class and everything will be great.

Reactions: 1 person
There's just about as many "the sky is not falling" threads as there is the other way around. We need less threads of both.

Yeah damn me for trying to actually explain the situation instead of just saying everything is gonna be ok. Forgot this isn't a place to share thoughts and conversation. Here's an idea, let's all not comment about anything and see how long this place lasts. Go!

I'm so confused!!! Is it the end times or is it not??

tumblr_n4p8vmslAT1sapo3yo1_400.gif

I think the old OC was asked to find a new home, just like many of the players are that have decided to transfer.

UT Football is a business, and in a business tough decisions must be made.

Remember last year when everyone freaked out about the number of recruits and how would we take over 25, then 27, then 28, oh he)) not 29, blue shirt, grey shirt, purple shirt, pink shirt, shirts and skins. How are we gonna get all these player in the program? We are going to be on NCAA "Double Secret Probation". But CBJ GOT IT DONE. This year other than LebVol melting down over numbers most of us have just gone with the flow. We figured Butch has this.

This year is the first year we have had to see "Big Time Recruits" leave. We are all freaking out. Just like with that first real recruiting class. Guess what, next year this same thing will play out again. But we will have been to this exodus dance once and we will know the steps to the dance and just all line dance to the beat.

Over it...

Wake me when someone leaves that actually played or at the very least was in the 3 deep.

Remember last year when everyone freaked out about the number of recruits and how would we take over 25, then 27, then 28, oh he)) not 29, blue shirt, grey shirt, purple shirt, pink shirt, shirts and skins. How are we gonna get all these player in the program? We are going to be on NCAA "Double Secret Probation". But CBJ GOT IT DONE. This year other than LebVol melting down over numbers most of us have just gone with the flow. We figured Butch has this.

This year is the first year we have had to see "Big Time Recruits" leave. We are all freaking out. Just like with that first real recruiting class. Guess what, next year this same thing will play out again. But we will have been to this exodus dance once and we will know the steps to the dance and just all line dance to the beat.

Last years class was 10 or 12 over the limit in a class.

85 is the total scholarship limit. That means three classes of 21 and another of 22 to stay below 85.

Signing large classes over the limit means there must be attrition each year to stay below the 85 limit.

So the ones who can help immediately are the first to go.

Growth is often mistaken when things go different. I view this is a negative gain. We can turn this into a huge positive.

Yeah damn me for trying to actually explain the situation instead of just saying everything is gonna be ok. Forgot this isn't a place to share thoughts and conversation. Here's an idea, let's all not comment about anything and see how long this place lasts. Go!
Simmah down padnuh. :devilsmoke:

This place is insane sometimes...take for instance the football on Butch Jones' desk.

You have some on here that say Dooley's football was better, while others will fight you to the death saying that Butch's desk football is the best we've ever had. Some will say that Fulmer's football was the one the program needs on that desk, while others will say that it is not a football sitting on the desk at all.

VN Store

Back