What's happening?

BruiserVol

I haven't been on for a few days because I've been extremely busy. I left with this place so positive and the off season looked great. Today I get on and:

Our OC is gone, our wr coach is being mentioned for another job, we are losing transfers like crazy (including a few puzzling ones)

Are these transfers legit or what? Wow..

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't been on for a few days because I've been extremely busy. I left with this place so positive and the off season looked great. Today I get on and:

Our OC is gone, our wr coach is being mentioned for another job, we are losing transfers like crazy (including a few puzzling ones)

Not all bad news... John Kelly committed earlier today :)

Senior Highlights - John Kelly Jr highlights

John Kelly

Reactions: 3 people

It has been a strange day that's for sure

What's happening?

7drHiqr.gif

As far as attrition goes...if you are a kid already on the team and cant sniff the field..CBJ has a no2 recruiting class coming in with studs at your position...the writing is on the wall. It is that simple. Ok so Wharton got to play in the bowl game. 3 out of our top 4 receivers were hurt and we have bigshots coming next year. He was gonna get buried again. These are the problems teams like bama have..kids leave when recruited over. Its a good sign. Its life.

Reactions: 11 people
As far as attrition goes...if you are a kid already on the team and cant sniff the field..CBJ has a no2 recruiting class coming in with studs at your position...the writing is on the wall. It is thag simple. Ok so Wharton got to play in the bowl game. 3 out of our top 4 receivers were hurt and we have bigshots coming next year. He was gonna get buried again. This are the problems teams like bama have..kids leave when recruited over. Its a good sign. Its life.

True. I guess it has just been forever since we've had a good problem. It's just weird to me that Wharton spent every second of his time recruiting for us. Then leaves. If it's even true?

OC moving on to a better deal is not that hard to rationalize or deal with.... Jenkins and Sawyers were basically recruited over so...... Ford was asked to leave so he still had time to pick up another offer because we are heavy at DE and made room for John Kelly.... Wharton I am not sure what the deal is here.... and Bob over on other threads is saying if AZ gets the OC job there will be more leaving, which REALLY doesn't make sense because he has been one of our best recruiters, so why would kids all of a sudden not like him and want to transfer because we would be basically running the same offense... bout sums it up.

Alls I know is if Bob Mueller comes in here and announces some more rumors I'm going to personally drive to Nashville and whip his ass during the 10 o'clock news.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
Welcome to the Vols becoming relevant again...this **** happens

This right here. I'd rather see us competing and having people trying to poach our coaches, and having kids transfer because they are recruited over, than to have every person stick around and us continue to suck.

Sounds like they had year end performance evaluations (players) and that Lovie called our OC and offered him a job. No big one. When you bring in stud recruiting classes the less than studs go elsewhere. It's a sign of a strong program

What has happened? I have been so optimistic since the bowl win. I checked bleacher report out of boredom and saw where Bajakian was leaving. Thought to myself, no big deal, we will upgrade. Told my wife "I bet VN is in meltdown mode, haha!"

Ok now, I am about ready to burn my Cali King mattress after seeing all this crap that bob mueller is posting. WTH is going on??!

Sounds like they had year end performance evaluations (players) and that Lovie called our OC and offered him a job. No big one. When you bring in stud recruiting classes the less than studs go elsewhere. It's a sign of a strong program

No kidding, 3 months ago this place had fire OC threads all over the place.

Now 2 kids, who are probably great kids but not top tier sec WRs, realize they're not going to see the field here and everyone flips out.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back