John Adams on Finebaum...

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Said with all the returners we should make a big jump next year and that we could win the east!! :thud: :yikes:

It was clearly and imposter I guess??

Reactions: 2 people
Two quick things guys.
1. Due to circumstances I saw the show also and was dumbfounded by the TN praise.
It actually happened.

2. Whichever of you 2 rednecks called in (with a twang not heard since 40's country songs) and said "Whatcha thank about PAAYTUN bein' OC... seems likely" ...
Please....just please don't self appoint as UTs spokesperson.

Reactions: 3 people
I wouldn't quite call them "optimistic". Finebaum multiple times said things along the lines of "but can they step up on defense". Which chalked off all credibility to me and he constantly acts as though tennessee is an all time mediocre team. Yes mediocre in recent years. But yet one of the winningest teams of all time, second most sec titles and more wins against bama than any other team. He needs to do a little research on vols football

I wouldn't quite call them "optimistic". Finebaum multiple times said things along the lines of "but can they step up on defense". Which chalked off all credibility to me and he constantly acts as though tennessee is an all time mediocre team. Yes mediocre in recent years. But yet one of the winningest teams of all time, second most sec titles and more wins against bama than any other team. He needs to do a little research on vols football

Yeah but they also had a pic with the stats

"Jones 25 - 12 as head coach at TENNESSEE"

So it was a wash.

I got a question guys. How does Bajakain resign......yet he doesn't know where he wants to go. It seems to me if it was a true resign he would have announced his resignation and went public with the hire at same time. Just seems a little off. What are yalls thoughts

Paul Finebaum is a troglodytic, brain dead blow-hard. I don't watch or listen to him anymore. I switch channels or leave the room when he comes on during pregame coverage on ESPN. A tool. Period.

Reactions: 4 people
I got a question guys. How does Bajakain resign......yet he doesn't know where he wants to go. It seems to me if it was a true resign he would have announced his resignation and went public with the hire at same time. Just seems a little off. What are yalls thoughts

I think that he verbally agreed to go to Tampa and then right afterwards CMU opened up. Therefore when he resigned it was for "personal reasons or to pursue other opportunities" rather than to take theTampa job. His agent then solicits an offer from CMU (and Bajakian has the Tampa offer in his pocket).

Last edited:
I think this went down like this, similar to corporate America

- After the Bowl game and holiday break, Jones reviewed the season and decided a change needed to be made at OC
- Tells CMB he has x weeks to find a gig, while he stays on UT payroll and continues to recruit
- Receives Tampa offer and both parties officially confirm split
- Randomly Arky hires CMU coach (following similar story with Chaney)

I think this went down like this, similar to corporate America

- After the Bowl game and holiday break, Jones reviewed the season and decided a change needed to be made at OC
- Tells CMB he has x weeks to find a gig, while he stays on UT payroll and continues to recruit
- Receives Tampa offer and both parties officially confirm split
- Randomly Arky hires CMU coach (following similar story with Chaney)

AR hire was not random, CMU coached wanted out (only 1 yr left on contract), CM now has to move fast to hire a head coach.

CMB had coached for Lovie with the Bears. Was offered QB with Lovie and agreed to go TB but
was going to stay through signing day. CM opened this morning and CMB took a shot, but at end of day IMO he wanted to go back to NFL. NFL coaches make lots of money and job is not 24/7/365. He really wanted more time for family.

VN Store

Back