5 Star Tennessee DT Commit Kahlil McKenzie Has An Interesting Suggestion For OC

Not gonna happen of course, but fun to imagine the reaction he would receive! Would be EPIC!! :rock::rock:

My coworker made a good point. Imagine the recruiting. Imagine you're a 5 star recruit and Peyton Manning coming into your home asking you to come play football for him at UT, where he started his amazing career.

Reactions: 1 person
Just had to be "That Douche...I mean Guy" Didn't you! :banghead2:

I'm usually quite the sunshine pumper, too. Just came to me for some reason. It's not like he's seriously gonna be our next OC anyway. I don't think he's done playing yet last I checked. Will be awesome if he eventually does come back to UT, though.

My coworker made a good point. Imagine the recruiting. Imagine you're a 5 star recruit and Peyton Manning coming into your home asking you to come play football for him at UT, where he started his amazing career.

And then imagine you won the lottery and you have to claim your winnings at The Playboy Mansion!

Butch-Jones.jpg

Looks like he got the message and calling Peyton.

I don't think Peyton would be a good coach. I know that's not the popular idea but "those who can't do, teach." His expectations would be entirely too high, IMO of course.

I know it will never happen, but our qb problems of the past would be long gone. Every qb in the country would wanna commit

I'm not sure who it would be...but someone who can scheme/coach/recruit players which emphasizes a complete QB (pass/run/read) and an offense which can both pass protect and run block.

The only problem is "the learning curve" if he chooses someone who is philosophically different than coach B. That learning curve will probably be felt into at least the first third of this season.

I don't think Peyton would be a good coach. I know that's not the popular idea but "those who can't do, teach." His expectations would be entirely too high, IMO of course.

That is unequivocally untrue. Those who can't do what? You're sorely mistaken if you think those who teach do so because of an inability to sit in a cubicle, make phone calls, or create new product. Just because people keep saying something doesn't make it true. You're assuming that highly educated people can't do anything else beyond managing 100's of children, creating lessons and curriculum, and multitasking like madmen. C'mon, man.

Reactions: 1 person
People struggle with the fact that those with extreme giftedness usually make horrible coaches. More likely than not, it is the average to slightly above average players that make the best coaches. Because things come so easily for the greatest (Jordan), they make great on-the-field coaches, but lousy head coaches. Just my opinions.

Can't wait for the www.firepeyton.com sites to pop up from Tennessee fans of all people if Peyton didn't work out for some reason. The guy is a TN icon and how would fans react if he couldn't live up to the impossible expectations of being Peyton Manning at UT?

Manning has shown interest in an Elway like position in the NFL, and not once has given any indication that he would be interested in a college job. Not many uber-successful qbs become college HCs for a reason.

I agree 100%...Peyton has had great success on the field and is a legend/icon at the University of Tennessee but none of that translates into being a good coach. I don't think he would ever try and tarnish his legacy at UT by coaching QB's or being the OC.

Reactions: 2 people
Are you kiddin. If he'd come here we should name him head coach let Butch remain on as oc and recruiting coordinator.

I will eat my crow, not just cold, but frozen if it ever happens, but Peyton will NEVER be a successful HC. I hold Peyton's memory of what he did here so dear I do not want to see it sullied by a poor coaching career. Most successful HC's were role players on teams not elite headliners on teams. Then look at Manning's near OCD compulsion with perfection and he will not have the time with the players to get done what he wants due to practice hour limits.

All of you need to come back to reality.

Reactions: 2 people
If Peyton Manning has as much in the way of brains as we all believe, then he would never take a coaching position at this University. He is the top legend in one of the most storied programs in the nation. The man has a locker room, name in the legends ring, and a street named after him.

The first time his offense (made up of 19-20 yr olds) failed to score enough to win or his team under performed, the idiots around here would crawl out of the woodwork and destroy his legacy. The expectations would be so unrealistic that it might be hard to measure even by Vol Nation standards.

Can't see him doing it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back