Should George Quarles be hired as Tennessee offensive coordinator?

Should Tennessee hire George Quarles as Offensive Coordinator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave1967

I think he would be a very good pick and i think he's ready for the jump from High School to College Football.

He's proven to be an excellent O coach, check. He is a Tennessee guy, check. He wouldn't be looking for a bigger gig right away, check. Has won at an extremely high level, check. We'll have to check on that.

Reactions: 1 person
It would be a better deal to bring him in as a position coach and give coach Z the OC job. Mighty big jump from high school to college ranks in that capacity.

Reactions: 6 people
He's proven to be an excellent O coach, check. He is a Tennessee guy, check. He wouldn't be looking for a bigger gig right away, check. Has won at an extremely high level, check. We'll have to check on that.

I hate to break this to you, but TN HS football is not an "extremely high level."

Reactions: 16 people

Has no experience outside of H.S./hasn't paid dues on at least the college level

,check

Reactions: 2 people
I think what has held GQ back from the college ranks is the fact hiring him would be a risk. Like Gus, if GQ is going to start in college, it'll be at an OC position at a smaller school, UTC for example.

If hired at UT, anything would be possible. He could flop and essentially show he's only effective in HS. He could be mediocre and be around for 3-5 seasons until CBJ decides to move on. Lastly he could be stellar. I have my doubts about him being stellar because his offense is nothing new in college. Defenses have already figured it out.

No insult to Quarles, his record as a high school coach speaks for itself, but would it not make more sense to pursue a proven college OC given the weapons we have at our disposal? Growing pains with a coach who may need some time to get acclimated to the college game doesn't exactly sound like something we need right now.

why would he want to leave Murvul? He's got it made in there on several different fronts. why would he want the headache of babysitting, recruiting, etc?

VN Store

Back