Coach Z a candidate for HC at CMU? (merged)

Here is Josh Wards latest tweet.

Offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian is leaving Tennessee "to pursue other coaching opportunities," per @BruceFeldmanCFB.

Looks like he is heading to CMU

Reactions: 1 person
I can't help but wonder if this was the first domino to fall. CMU comes calling for Z. CBJ doesn't want to lose Z. Bumping him to OC is the way to avoid that happening. At the same time, Coach Jake has some interest from the pro's which he agrees to pursue to free up the position. Considering how long these guys have been together, it wouldn't surprise me if they hashed this out together.

Of course, if Z does not get the OC job or leaves entirely, scrap all of the above! Considering how long these guys have been together, they might have gotten sick of each other too.

Isn't it refreshing to have other programs become interested in members of our coaching staff? In years past, that seldom happened.
Cutcliffe,(Ole Miss) Chavis (Atlanta Falcons were interested in hiring him in the early 2000's) & Dooley's D Co ordinator( left for Washington) are the only coaches I can remember getting interest from other program.

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it refreshing to have other programs become interested in members of our coaching staff? In years past, that seldom happened.
Cutcliffe,(Ole Miss) Chavis (Atlanta Falcons were interested in hiring him in the early 2000's) & Dooley's D Co ordinator( left for Washington) are the only coaches I can remember getting interest from other program.

Wilcox saw the writing on the wall with Dooley. As hard as it has been Wilcox leaving may have been a blessing in disguise. I doubt Butch Jones would be our HFC.

Comes with success?

We have 4892 passing yards in 2 years combined.

Alabama had 3482 this year alone.

What success is there when your 2 year passing game average isn't even scratching 200 yards per game? Especially when you have the wealth of talent at WR like we did this year. Drops all over the place. 6'5" guys losing jump balls to 5'10" CBs. Routes were sloppy and half the time WRs gave up on their blocks early. WR was probably the deepest and most talented position group since Day 1 for this staff yet the passing game has been consistently underwhelming.

Oh, right. Success in our own mind because we blew out a dispassionate Iowa team.

We better hope Bajakian was the reason we have no passing game.

Not too torn up about Bajakian, but it'd suck if he takes others like Coach Z with him.

I doubt they leave UT to go to CMU. If they do it could be career breakers and just wouldn't be a smart thing to do...IMHO. Coach B won't be missed very much around here I believe.

GO VOLS!

Coach B won't be missed very much around here I believe.
GO VOLS!

You are correct! He certainly won't be missed around here but the rest of the SEC will be devastated to see him gone. Next year they will all have to actually spend some time preparing for our offense given whoever comes next will hopefully run more than 3 plays and maybe even try to advance the ball forward rather than sideways (if God willing and fingers crossed Butch hires a real SEC caliber OC this time).

Coach Z is probably chomping at the bit to get the keys to this Machine, with all of the Horse Power we are going to have! Gon be drawin up plays talkin bout"WOO YEAH...GET SOME!"

VN Store

Back