Spring Practice….

orangeluvr

The Vols will begin march 24th and will have fifteen practices leading up to the O/W game on april 25th.

Go team 119! :hi:

Reactions: 14 people
Round 1 of who makes the biggest leap in performance. Can't wait!

I'll say Owen Williams, E. Mosley, Blair, Weatherd and Creamer will be the 5 biggest movers for existing players. Robertson and TK2 are more of a given.

Phillips, J. Jones and Kirkland for EE Freshmen standouts! I like Tuttle too but I think Spring will be more about conditioning before the monster in him is unleashed!

Wild Cards: Sawyers, C. Mosley, and Gaulden (NB?).

My way too early prediction: C. Thomas gets a much needed redshirt before competing fiercely for Center in 16 with Wiesman.

Last edited:
Round 1 of who makes the biggest leap in performance. Can't wait!

I'll say Owen Williams, E. Mosley, Blair, Weatherd and Creamer will be the 5 biggest movers for existing players. Robertson and TK2 are more of a given.

Phillips, J. Jones and Kirkland for EE Freshmen standouts! I like Tuttle too but I think Spring will be more about conditioning before the monster in him is unleashed!

Wild Cards: Sawyers and Gaulden.

I agree with all of this, but I don't think Gaulden is a wild card at this point. He made a lot of plays on special teams. I expect him to make a big impact in the secondary with Coleman leaving. Go vols!

I agree with all of this, but I don't think Gaulden is a wild card at this point. He made a lot of plays on special teams. I expect him to make a big impact in the secondary with Coleman leaving. Go vols!

I think he is an early favorite for NB. What about you?

The older I become the faster the off season goes by. I'll count that as a silver lining.

February is a dead month, though. Outside of The Super Bowl and national signing day, football is dead. Heck, I can't even fill out the first of March with Braves spring training this year because they don't even have a team...

Guess I'll be watching replays of this year to get me through... At least I'll have an extra game to watch this off season. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
I'm too old to get fired up about spring practice, but I'm pretty damn fired up! The O&W game will feature a lot of young guys that I cant wait to see in Orange!

Reactions: 1 person
Every Spring someone will emerge as most improved O player, and a most improved D guy. Always love to see this.

It's amazing how much faster that seemed to come around with the addition of a bowl game! When the seasons were ending in November, it felt like a lifetime, but this I can handle!!!

It's so nice to have year around football again.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm ready for football, even just spring practice reports.

Bowl win over Iowa provided huge boost to Vol's Psyche and capped the 1st winning season in several years.
Recruiting is crazy and the Vol's are definitely "trending"!
Competitors are going to become awfully tired of hearing "Rocky Top"

Reactions: 1 person
Bowl win over Iowa provided huge boost to Vol's Psyche and capped the 1st winning season in several years.
Recruiting is crazy and the Vol's are definitely "trending"!
Competitors are going to become awfully tired of hearing "Rocky Top"

Good.
I'm tired of hearing about their championships.

I am looking to go to the orange white game this year, having never been I am wondering, do the players run through the T at the start of the spring game? Does the crowd sing Rocky Top? I want to experience all the traditions when i visit for the first time. Can anyone answer these questions?

VN Store

Back