Sports Illustrated Way-Too-Early Rankings

Good, we have to earn our way back in. Which I think we will by the way.
GO VOLS
BRICK BY BRICK
VFL

Reactions: 4 people
They are stupid. Miss St. was not even in top 25 after being ranked number 1 for several weeks. Tennessee should be ranked in top 25.

Anywhere from 20 - 30 could be argued for or against......I'll take it.

Win and the arguments will dwindle.

Reactions: 1 person
IDK why they have auburn at #3 because they are losing their QB, both RB's, a couple good WR's, 3 OL and both DT's, along with some others! I could see them easily losing 5 games again next year, even with the muschamp hire.

IDK why they have auburn at #3 because they are losing their QB, both RB's, a couple good WR's, 3 OL and both DT's, along with some others! I could see them easily losing 5 games again next year, even with the muschamp hire.

They have a good QB in waiting. Better passer than their stater this year. The JUCO RB that ranked above Kamara this year, it is the kid from Memphis from a couple of years ago with the phoney grades is coming in. They have some more good recievers and they redshirted their best D-lineman because of preseason injury IIRC. They are going to be better on D. If Muskrat pulls the recruting coup of Cowart and Jefferson then the D line is pretty full. They will be pretty good this year and could be the best in the West unless LSU finds a QB or Chief works miracles in one season at TAMU.

We play a schedule that it doesn't matter if they think we're number 50. If we win enough we'll get respect. I believe by the end of the season next year we'll easily be above 20, then 2016 we should be very, very good.

Reactions: 1 person
They have a good QB in waiting. Better passer than their stater this year. The JUCO RB that ranked above Kamara this year, it is the kid from Memphis from a couple of years ago with the phoney grades is coming in. They have some more good recievers and they redshirted their best D-lineman because of preseason injury IIRC. They are going to be better on D. If Muskrat pulls the recruting coup of Cowart and Jefferson then the D line is pretty full. They will be pretty good this year and could be the best in the West unless LSU finds a QB or Chief works miracles in one season at TAMU.

Hopefully Muschamp is going to the Falcons

25-30 sounds about right to me.
I'm not taking anything away from the strides that were made this season but look at our wins. Do they constitute a preseason top 25 ranking?

Be honest.

25-30 sounds about right to me.
I'm not taking anything away from the strides that were made this season but look at our wins. Do they constitute a preseason top 25 ranking?

Be honest.

I see what you're saying, but the previous season only holds so much weight for the preseason ranks. Recruiting, graduation, tranfers, etc. all weigh into it.

I'm fine with anything 20-30. Any higher than that would be wrong.

I see what you're saying, but the previous season only holds so much weight for the preseason ranks. Recruiting, graduation, tranfers, etc. all weigh into it.

I'm fine with anything 20-30. Any higher than that would be wrong.

Valid point.

I still feel like the pollsters are waiting for us to prove ourselves. I'm kind of like them. Tennessee has the pieces in place, now do something with them.

Valid point.

I still feel like the pollsters are waiting for us to prove ourselves. I'm kind of like them. Tennessee has the pieces in place, now do something with them.

That probably is somewhat true. Either way I can't be mad.

Being ranked is always nice, but I completely understand waiting for results instead of jumping the gun.

You sound like an Auburn homer.

QB will be a step back for certain, I could be wrong in the long term but not this year. They have a weak d-line and their db's/safeties have no real gamechanger. It will take some serious recruiting to fix the defense. Sammy Coats will be missed and Crews is not consistent, except at getting hurt.

They have some real question marks to be in the top 5 IMO as their luck seems to have been running out as of late.

That's good.
It's better for our players to have a chip on their shoulders heading into the season.
It's worked well for our basketball team which was picked to finish 13th in the conference.

VN Store

Back