Which Sophomores are you most excited about?

Dr Dread

With National Signing Day fast approaching, there is a tendency for excitement and speculation about which ones will make a huge impact during the season. The reality though, is that most of the incoming Freshmen will primarily play on SP, with a few getting limited time as backups. 2 or 3 may work there way into significant PT.

More exciting to me is to look at the previous class to try to predict which players, after having a year in the program, are ready to step up and make their mark.

Other than Barnett and Hurd (who have already made their mark), which 2nd year players have you most excited?

Pumped for TKjr
He is going to be a beast...

All of the Sophmores could end up playing significant time in the next couple of years. Butch done good.

Reactions: 2 people
Bates got the medical redshirt but the little he played showed a lot...ditto on TKJR.

TKjr does look as though he could become one of those special players. It's not often that you get a player that makes the kind of athletic plays on the ball that he does. May be the only player on our roster that will lay out for the pick. Tied for 2nd with 3 ints in a backup role makes you start to wonder what he can do as a full-time starter.

I'm excited to see Gavin Bryant compete at MLB. He's got elite competition in Kirkland.

I don't expect to see Bynam there to start the season.

TKJr, Bates, Malone, the Berries and Jakob Johnson all have me excited for their potential with spots opening up and time to heal from injuries we could see this class truly be the one that restored UT to the top of the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
TKjr does look as though he could become one of those special players. It's not often that you get a player that makes the kind of athletic plays on the ball that he does. May be the only player on our roster that will lay out for the pick. Tied for 2nd with 3 ints in a backup role makes you start to wonder what he can do as a full-time starter.

The bangbang interception against Vandy that not even he knew he had made was impressive. Happened so fast that they almost ran the next play before replay stopped action on the field and credited him.

Not Sophomores, but I waiting to see How Sutton and Maybin progress in their 3rd year. Should be awesome. Probably be Sutton's last year.

The bangbang interception against Vandy that not even he knew he had made was impressive. Happened so fast that they almost ran the next play before replay stopped action on the field and credited him.
IMy favorite one was the one against UGA where he dived for it.

Dillon Bates - he may be on just special teams to start out, but I have high expectations of him leveling a few RBs behind the line

Bryant and Bates, to see if one can take AJ slack up at Linebacker, plus Big CHARLES all 380 of him to see where he plays, and Blair I know he is a junior, but if he can slide in at Tackle and be decent this OL might be the surprise of the team.

VN Store

Back