Former Vols playing in the Superbowl

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
Jerod Mayo with the Patriots and Tony McDaniel with the Seahawks are both former Vols with a chance to shine in the Superbowl. Well, Tony anyways, as Jerod is on the injured reserve and will be helping the Patriots from the sideline. Any other Alumni that I have left out?

These are really 2 of my least favorite teams playing each other, so who should I pull for?

Last edited:
Another interesting statistic to bring up to all your rival friends: Tennessee has had more former players appear in the Superbowl than any other SEC school.

Reactions: 3 people
Never thought I would be pulling for CPC but go Seahawks. If Brady gets 4 to Peyton's 1 I will puke in my own mouth.

Reactions: 3 people
Tony McDaniel of the Seahawks is set to take on Jerod Mayo (Injured) of the Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX. A Vol is playing in the Super Bowl for the 23rd time in 24 years!

Attachments

• 10926460_765837760138194_5862496898478893183_n.jpg
    10926460_765837760138194_5862496898478893183_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
I never have understood why the Patriots have managed to avoid drafting or signing Tennessee players over their history. Other than Mayo, Stallworth, and Washington
you have to go all the way back to Roland James and Stanley Morgan to find any Vols on their roster.

Pats 28 Seahawks 24

I never have understood why the Patriots have managed to avoid drafting or signing Tennessee players over their history. Other than Mayo, Stallworth, and Washington
you have to go all the way back to Roland James and Stanley Morgan to find any Vols on their roster.

Pats 28 Seahawks 24

Yea I'm sure they AVOIDED taking players from Tennessee...

Reactions: 2 people
Though I'm happy for former players, I wish both teams could lose. Maybe they'll both get their balls deflated!

Never thought I would be pulling for CPC but go Seahawks. If Brady gets 4 to Peyton's 1 I will puke in my own mouth.

I dislike both teams. I think I want the Pats to win just because of Seahawk fans*.

*Most can't name the starter before Wilson. None of them know the name Rick Mirer.

SB is a match up of two coaches that'll do anything to win.
What is the record for the number of personal fouls in a game? :vava: :aggressive:

I dislike both teams. I think I want the Pats to win just because of Seahawk fans*.

*Most can't name the starter before Wilson. None of them know the name Rick Mirer.

^^This! I hate bandwagon fans, and Seattle has plenty lately. I live in Raleigh NC, and have seen more Seahawk flags and jerseys (and not Wilson jerseys) in the last two years.

Oh I know that name pretty well. I was hoping for the Pats to pick him so the Seahawks could get Bledsoe from Washington State. He sucked.

It's funny the jealously that's now spewed on Seahawks fans. Seattle doesn't just own a city or state, the team owns an entire region of the country. The #12 was retired in 1984 for the support from the fans. In the late 80's the NFL instituted the Seattle rule which could penalize home teams if the fans got too loud for the opposition. Seahawks fans have been incredibly loud and supportive from the very beginning. It's just that the team had been terrible for so long that naive people didn't pay them much attention. We heard this crap in '05 and the same crap now. I enjoyed being called a bandwagon fan at the bar yesterday by the group of cheeseheads and Pats fans, because you know everyone is from Boston and Green Bay... It just means Seattle is finally good.

But at the end of the day your ignorance isn't my problem to fix. Just educate yourself next time.

Why would you dislike the seahawks other than maybe carroll?

Carroll is one of the reasons I dislike them. Plus, the attitude of the players: Lynch, Sherman, Harvin (formerly) and whoever that guy was that they interviewed last night. The TV was on mute, and I couldn't stand watching the guy run his mouth after they won even not knowing what he was saying. When you win a game, you should act like a professional and not like a dang fool.

Reactions: 1 person
Gheez, more semantics from you people. Is NE famous for signing Tennessee players....yes or no?

Well...the last player they took from us was Mayo in what, 07 or 08? And how many players have we had drafted since then? And how many NFL teams are there? I don't follow the NFL too closely, but I'd say there's probably 1 or 2 Vols on most teams...New England included. So really, they draft Vols just as often as every other team. They don't hate us. Relax.

Last edited:
Oh I know that name pretty well. I was hoping for the Pats to pick him so the Seahawks could get Bledsoe from Washington State. He sucked.

It's funny the jealously that's now spewed on Seahawks fans. Seattle doesn't just own a city or state, the team owns an entire region of the country. The #12 was retired in 1984 for the support from the fans. In the late 80's the NFL instituted the Seattle rule which could penalize home teams if the fans got too loud for the opposition. Seahawks fans have been incredibly loud and supportive from the very beginning. It's just that the team had been terrible for so long that naive people didn't pay them much attention. We heard this crap in '05 and the same crap now. I enjoyed being called a bandwagon fan at the bar yesterday by the group of cheeseheads and Pats fans, because you know everyone is from Boston and Green Bay... It just means Seattle is finally good.

But at the end of the day your ignorance isn't my problem to fix. Just educate yourself next time.

Preach on my man. I can name players back to the beginning of the franchise. Sam Adkins ring a bell. Just because you have bandwagon fans doesn't mean the team's without life long fans. That community has supported the Hawks from the beginning. If any community is deserving of this new found wealth it's Seattle. Go Hawks !

VN Store

Back