Officially in the clear with assistants?

skasper06

What do you guys think? Are we officially in the clear from losing any assistant coaches to positions at other schools? I remember there was some talk about Gillespie to UF and Thig to Duke but both are still in Knoxville so is it too soon to assume they are staying? Along with everyone else for that matter...What say you VolNation?

What do you guys think? Are we officially in the clear from losing any assistant coaches to positions at other schools? I remember there was some talk about Gillespie to UF and Thig to Duke but both are still in Knoxville so is it too soon to assume they are staying? Along with everyone else for that matter...What say you VolNation?

When was Thig rumored to go to Duke?

Have they had the annual coaches convention yet? There will be a lot of moves that correlate with that event.

Thig was rumored to be in the running at UNC not Duke. I am not sure if Chiz has filled that position yet or not.

Thig was rumored to be in the running at UNC not Duke. I am not sure if Chiz has filled that position yet or not.

Looks like UNC fans have given up on Chizik pulling Thig back to Chapel Hill. Wouldn't signal the all clear for all coaches until a couple weeks after signing day though.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we can keep them all for a long time, but the more successful we are in the future, the more likely we'll lose some. Hopefully we are safe this year.

If they all stay... When was the last time we had the same staff three years in a row?

It is truly remarkable that Butch has a knack for keeping his coaching staff. Remember Dooley's last year when he lost almost his whole staff prior to the season? With the SWAG photo, this team of coaches is on a mission to win a National Championship! Then their stock will really rise!

Here I was under the impression that it was a good thing when other teams wanted our coaches.

I can't keep up anymore.

Just a hunch and completely in the dark fan opinion, but I think Butch has already behind closed doors appropriated the pool of cash that came with his raise and extension to keep the key cogs to the machine through next year at least. I also have an oddly firm opinion that theres probably a gentleman's deal that the core guys stay together through 2016 to get to that SEC championship unless this year we really break out and teams come knocking with big boy money.

It is truly remarkable that Butch has a knack for keeping his coaching staff. Remember Dooley's last year when he lost almost his whole staff prior to the season? With the SWAG photo, this team of coaches is on a mission to win a National Championship! Then their stock will really rise!

Dooley lost that whole staff because they weren't idiots and realized they were on a sinking ship after the loss to Kentucky, I'm sure. I may come across as critical of Jones' staff sometimes, but I don't think Jones and Crew are anywhere close to that low at all. And personally, if things work out for them as they want them to, another year or two will increase their stock exponentially.

I know this might be off subject a little but... Did gb against Seattle remind anyone else of us playing this year. Specifically it reminded me of us playing Florida.

It ain't over! lame kitten is rumored to go to 49's. I'm sure there will be a few other off cycle moves.

Remember how we lost RB Coach Jay Graham in Feb 2013.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back