Biggest needs for 2016

Dewey

With this recruiting season coming to a close...what areas do you think Butch Jones and the crew will target the hardest?

Obviously Offensive Tackles are a must, but do you think they will heavily target a guy like Levonta Taylor with Sutton being a senior in 2016?

We are set at QB for the future which is reallllllllyyyyyy nice. I also think we are set at DL for the next 2-3 years, but we need to load up on depth.

I think at this stage, Butch will be able to solely recruit depth and we will really start to reap the benefits of the '14 and '15 classes.

Thought?

Reactions: 1 person
OT OG WR's Corner DT

It'll be a small class and I really think we get to pick and choose who we really want.

With this recruiting season coming to a close...what areas do you think Butch Jones and the crew will target the hardest?

Obviously Offensive Tackles are a must, but do you think they will heavily target a guy like Levonta Taylor with Sutton being a senior in 2016?

We are set at QB for the future which is reallllllllyyyyyy nice. I also think we are set at DL for the next 2-3 years, but we need to load up on depth.

I think at this stage, Butch will be able to solely recruit depth and we will really start to reap the benefits of the '14 and '15 classes.

Thought?

We will likely take 2 QBs in 16.

I think it will be more maintenance rather than need...need quality rather than quantity at each position. May need to be a little more volume on the O Line (Especially tackle)

- OL - Obviously need to add depth and improve talent
- WR - Preston Williams is the only true WR in this class (I think Perry ends up in the Slot), WR will be a big need in next years class.
- DBs - lose Randolph, McNeil and potentially Sutton after next year

First need is a bigger trophy case!

We will have talent pretty much everywhere by 16, so it will be a matter recruiting depth, sticking to a general formula for each position. We will mix the numbers a bit to level things off and of course not pass on the best players available (even if we have our LB, CB, etc quota met.

With that said, I would think TE as we lost Downs and Woody and Ellis will be a Senior. That leaves Wolf and Creamer or EL Berry.

We'd be lucky to keep Cam another season, so CB yes. Randolph and McNeil are SRs too at Safety.

We need more star power at LB and JRM could always go out a year early with another great season.

Oline loses Crowder, Jackson and Kerbyson. Looks like we get Blair another two years thanks to redshirt.

Dline, we lose Maggitt and Owen Williams.

Vol's need to develop a bullish Oline if they are ever to win the big games, it's not an option!

Will be time to replenish roster with big time WRs in 2016....PWill is the only stud this year

Too bad Butch hasn't created a recruiting big board for volnation. :DESPN showed Saban last year breaking down all the potential needs on offense and defense over the next recruiting year. He showed a detailed depth chart with the number of recruits needed to be taken for each position on both sides of the ball. Thought it was a pretty cool segment even if it was Bama.

If we can win 8 or 9 games next year butch can pick who he wants but games in the sec are won on both lines of scrimmage.

O-line, I would like a ballhawk safety... then selectively restocking the entire depth chart

Last edited:

VN Store

Back