Dormady Talks QB Position

In a perfect world, we wont need their services next season. Surely 2 of the 3 incoming freshman QBs will be redshirted though. Maybe all 3 will be, who really knows! The staff could want a year of separation for 1 out of the 3, especially considering Jennings may end up playing a different position. As long as nothing goes horribly wrong, none of them will see any real playing time as freshman. More than likely the last few minutes of a blow out game would go to Peterman over them too. I just don't see any point in wasting a year of eligibility unless its an absolute must like the Dobbs situation was this past season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

If anyone has viewed any film of Jennings knows if he doesn't get a shot at QB somebody ain't playing with a full deck. IMHO this kid is the real deal combo QB. I actually would like for him and Dormady to redshirt. List Josh, Peterman (if he doesn't transfer) and Jones as 1, 2, 3. Hopefully Josh doesn't get hurt also. :crossfingers:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Jennings is going to be a DB. Dormady and Jones to redshirt (hopefully)

Jennings will get a shot at QB, but like many experts have said, his best shot at playing at the next level is safety. That being said, it doesn't mean that he can't be a great college QB that UT can win a lot of games with and possibly a championship!

After watching Worley in Butch's offense I just can't see how Dormady will ever be our starter. It really seems like for the ball fakes and read option stuff to work properly we have to have a running threat at QB. Dormady seems like a quality QB but I'm just not sure how he fits into our current system.

After watching Worley in Butch's offense I just can't see how Dormady will ever be our starter. It really seems like for the ball fakes and read option stuff to work properly we have to have a running threat at QB. Dormady seems like a quality QB but I'm just not sure how he fits into our current system.

By all accounts, Dormady is more athletic than Worley. Worley absolutely refused to keep the ball and get easy 5-6 yard gain these last 2 years, unless we were playing UTC.

An effective qb in this offense doesn't need to keep it or have as many designed runs like Dobbs did this year, imo. I think any qb who is accurate from the pocket, makes good quick decisions and is willing to actually keep/run the football 6-7 times a game to extend drives after making the correct read has a great chance to be successful in our offense.

Reactions: 9 people

Stopped reading after that......really?

Dormady is more athletic, IMO!
Will have the benefits of a better o-line! :crossfingers:
Better and consistent coaching!

:twocents:

Last edited:

Agree. Dormady will redshirt and Jennings or Jones will be the backup so that Bajakian can run the same plays and not change up much if Dobbs should get injured. Jmo

Next time just say "I don't know anything about Dormady." It will save you the trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
It amuses me to read people make comments with no clue about Dormady. He is a mobile QB that can easily run this offense with experience. I don't care which of our 3 QB recruits eventually start after Dobbs or if Kendall is the eventual QB. But for people to assume that QD isn't athletic enough to run this offense is ludicrous.

Reactions: 5 people
Of all there QB's in the 2015 class, Dormandy is the least mobile. And that's not ludicrous!

Other than your obvious assumption, how do you actually know? Dormady posted an excellent shuttle time (4.14 iirc) which was quicker than Torrance Gibson's...not shabby. Quinten may very well be the least mobile of the 3, but how about we let the kids compete and read/hear/see what they look like before assuming what they can and can't do. Hell, I had a poster arguing with me before the Bama game that Dobbs wasn't very mobile. I'm willing to let it play out before declaring that "Jennings can't throw" or "Dormady can't run".

Reactions: 2 people
Other than your obvious assumption, how do you actually know? Dormady posted an excellent shuttle time (4.14 iirc) which was quicker than Torrance Gibson's...not shabby. Quinten may very well be the least mobile of the 3, but how about we let the kids compete and read/hear/see what they look like before assuming what they can and can't do. Hell, I had a poster arguing with me before the Bama game that Dobbs wasn't very mobile. I'm willing to let it play out before declaring that "Jennings can't throw" or "Dormady can't run".

I remember those Dobbs arguments and the one from a poster who supposedly watched all the practices, that stated Dobbs was slower than Ferguson,Worley and Peterman...in that order. What I continue to find laughable is a bunch of repressed coaches on a message board telling Butch what fits HIS offense.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back