BR Way Too Early SEC PR

UTodd01

@tmfawver
This particular blogger seems to think we are #4 in the SEC heading into 2015.

Way-Too-Early 2015 SEC Power Rankings | Bleacher Report

Now, as most of you know I'm one of the bigger "sunshine pumpers" on this site and even I'm struggling with this one.

His name is Barrett Sallee. He loves him some Vols. Holy cow.

Let me one up him and say we should possibly be ahead of Ole Miss as well. Oh Negas! :)

As I recall, Barrett is a Georgia Bulldog, but he does good work for B/R and yes, he is solidly behind the Vols and the progress he see's Butch making.

Reactions: 1 person
The potential for us to finish that high in the SEC in the 15-16 season is definitely there. It all boils down to how much our OL can improve. Dobbs will have to become more consistent too. I do believe he'll put in all the hard work and will be drastically improved next year. What our staff did with Worely last offseason was pretty amazing. It certainly gives me tons of hope about what they can with Dobbs. An entire off season with them focusing solely on Dobbs as the starter is very promising.

Last edited:
Wonder why he has Arky so low. They look like the up and comers in the West like we are in the East.

Wonder why he has Arky so low. They look like the up and comers in the West like we are in the East.

Most rankings I've seen has them higher than us.

I agree with this guy. They lose a ton on D.

I think it is partly because of the player losses he mentioned in the article, but mainly because the his top 3 teams are in th West and Arky will have to go through them to make major improvements in their record.

I was elated to see Little Bro right where they need to be, at the bottom of the heap.

I just hope all this hype does not go to these young players heads. I feel like these are intelligent young men and the coaches will do a good job of keeping them grounded. However, if they hear to much of this from friends and fans alike they may begin to believe their press clippings.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it is partly because of the player losses he mentioned in the article, but mainly because the his top 3 teams are in th West and Arky will have to go through them to make major improvements in their record.

I was elated to see Little Bro right where they need to be, at the bottom of the heap.

I just hope all this hype does not go to these young players heads. I feel like these are intelligent young men and the coaches will do a good job of keeping them grounded. However, if they hear to much of this from friends and fans alike they may begin to believe their press clippings.
I don't believe team 119 will get the big head from tons of preseason hype. We will continue to get more and more as the season gets closer, but Butch will keep them in check. This team, and whole program/ fan base in general is hungry. We have been starved for real success for what, a decade? I'm sure they can sense they are on the brink, and great things are in the horizon. I think that alone, along with 100s of other reasons will make them work that much harder. I just don't see anything getting in the way of them accomplishing their goals. They will stay focused.

Last edited:

I like it.

Here's what they're saying about you...now go out there and meet those expectations.

No way Tennessee should be ahead of Georgia, Missouri, LSU or Arkansas in a preseason power ranking. Bleacher Report is so bad.

No way Tennessee should be ahead of Georgia, Missouri, LSU or Arkansas in a preseason power ranking. Bleacher Report is so bad.

why not? we return more starters than they do. we have better recruits coming in than they do. and most importantly, we have a QB and they don't.

at some point you need to let go of last year's results and realize its a new year.

Reactions: 7 people
We dominated in a bowl game. We are at least the strongest team in the SEC east. Sorry if this comes as a shock.
Alright cool. Dominated a bowl game vs an uninspired Iowa team. No one besides our fanbase really thought it was impressive. We also scraped by a bad Vandy team in our last game of the season. Something tells me the best team in the East would probably handle the worst team in the SECE by 2 or 3 TDs - not 1 TD. JMO of course, but I think the SECE, in terms of "Power Rankings" looks more like:

1. Georgia
2. Missouri
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Vandy

I see where the BR guy is coming from, but we are not better than UGA, UF, or Mizzou until we beat them.

Well TN's only weakness is the offensive line and Dobbs minimized that and the O Line has to be better. TN hasn't lost any real impact players except maybe Jordan Williams. Then you look at the early enrollees and the players who were injured who are coming back and this all equals to TN being be a very good team. GA and Missouri lose key players, SC is trending down and FL is a mess. KY and Vandy are what they are. Now anything can happen but if TN stays healthy there is no reason they can't win the East. We shall see but I can't wait because I think TN has turned the corner.

Well TN's only weakness is the offensive line and Dobbs minimized that and the O Line has to be better. TN hasn't lost any real impact players except maybe Jordan Williams. Then you look at the early enrollees and the players who were injured who are coming back and this all equals to TN being a very good team. GA and Missouri lose key players, SC is trending down and FL is a mess. KY and Vandy are what they are. Now anything can happen but if TN stays healthy there is no reason they can't win the East. We shall see but I can't wait because I think TN has turned the corner.
solid post

VN Store

Back