"Rocketman" Darkhorse for Heisman!

Not a fan of Heisman hype for a UT player - especially now while we are just beginning to rebuild. We don't need any unnecessary spotlights on individual players in Knoxville as this is a team sport. If Joshua is here three years from now and has a couple SEC championships under his belt - then great, lets rock.

Gotta think Cardale Jones, Ezekiel, Chubb, Fournette, and Prescott, and some others are probably ahead of him by a pretty big margin.

But nothing would make me happier than for Dobbs to have a season worthy of a Heisman

Reactions: 1 person
Not a fan of Heisman hype for a UT player - especially now while we are just beginning to rebuild. We don't need any unnecessary spotlights on individual players in Knoxville as this is a team sport. If Joshua is here three years from now and has a couple SEC championships under his belt - then great, lets rock.
I don't quite understand how you think individual player hype doesn't motivate the team! You don't think the Derek Barnett and Curt Maggitt are the best defensive end tandem in college football helped our defense? And the other obvious question is, "Doesn't it help the players confidence?". So, yeah, I am a fan of this football team and a fan of all of the hype any of the players are good enough to bring on themselves!

Reactions: 3 people
IDK why people talk about this before week 6 or so, let alone before NSD..

It's nice to see a UT player getting recognition but I'd be a lot happier with a championship of some kind over a Heisman. Anything else is just gravy

I couldn't figure out who rocket man is so I opened the thread and realized we were talking about the Dobb Goblin

Reactions: 2 people
Gotta think Cardale Jones, Ezekiel, Chubb, Fournette, and Prescott, and some others are probably ahead of him by a pretty big margin.

But nothing would make me happier than for Dobbs to have a season worthy of a Heisman

Manzeil and Winston weren't on any heisman lists the season before they won it. More improbable things have happened.

I think Dobbs will have a huge year statistically. However, the team needs to also have a huge year for him to have a chance at the heisman. If we're SEC East champs and in contention for a playoff spot, he'll be invited to New York.

Racist title
I think the reference to his intellect erases any thought of the other! We have the first Aeronautical Engineering QB in NCAA history! The intellect and brilliant football mind remind me of Peyton. Whose to say he won't be just as good especially if he does like Tee and wins a national championship. It's in the cards!

This is the team part i like:
He checks off nearly all the boxes needed to become a Heisman Trophy winner.

Quarterback? Check.

Video game stats? Check.

High-profile program in a high-profile conference? Check.

Weapons all around him to help him be successful? Check.

I think some of you are failing to grasp the concept of what a dark horse candidate is. Yes there are many ahead of him. With the team and marquee schedule we play he could rise in to contention though.

IDK why people talk about this before week 6 or so, let alone before NSD..

It's nice to see a UT player getting recognition but I'd be a lot happier with a championship of some kind over a Heisman. Anything else is just gravy

Praaaaise Jesus!

I think some of you are failing to grasp the concept of what a dark horse candidate is. Yes there are many ahead of him. With the team and marquee schedule we play he could rise in to contention though.

Don't try making sense on here. You know it screws everything up!

Is Dobb's a Heisman Trophy winning QB?
Dobb's must make huge gains in his accuracy throwing the ball if he is going to be a winning SEC QB, but he does have a chance to excel barring injury.

The" Heistman" has been a joke since 1997. For some it's been a curse. :yes:

Yeah I love the commercial with Bo, Hershel, Doug, and Joe Montana....bragging about winning the Heisman...and Joe says something like "interesting" while scratching his nose with a hand full of Super Bowl rings....

VN Store

Back