So...what if we go 6-6 again next season?

orangetd88

Agent of Chaos
This is not me being a NegaVOL at all. Just posing a question for the offseason.

With all the momentum we have after drubbing Iowa, along with the returning talent and a schedule that is, as always, tough, but not too tough for at least 8 wins, what if we repeat this season's record and lose a couple of games in the fashion that we lost to UF and UGA? What will happen? How much support does CBJ start to lose? Could we still get another top ten class the following spring?

How would you react if this happened?

Reactions: 3 people
6-6 would be hard to swallow, maybe if we had a lot of injuries at key positions would be the only way I could see it being ok. 8 is the number I'm wanting to see in the win column next year. IMO

Reactions: 13 people
6-6 would CBJ on the hottest seat for 2016. That being said, even if he isn't the best X&O coach, the great talent he is bringing in should show progress!

Reactions: 4 people
If we go 6-6 next season then there will be cause for concern. Butch's seat will begin to get pretty dang warm, and he will most likely have to part ways with some assistants. I believe we would still land a pretty good class (12-15), but not any lower than last season or what we have going on now. If we win 8 or more games, I bet we will finish with a top 3 class next season. Maybe we can uproot Bammer from that #1 spot that they seem to finish at yearly.

Last edited:
I don't think it will happen, either. But, Bajakian has become notorious for questionable calls In short yardage situations, and it's cost us before. Granted, a lot of that likely had to do with the oline being subpar and green, but he has much to prove, still, as does the aforementioned offensive line.

Reactions: 2 people
6-6 would be hard to swallow, maybe if we had a lot of injuries at key positions would be the only way I could see it being ok. 8 is the number I'm wanting to see in the win column next year. IMO

I think that is the general consensus. Anything less than 8 wins next year will be disappointing.

This is not me being a NegaVOL at all. Just posing a question for the offseason.

With all the momentum we have after drubbing Iowa, along with the returning talent and a schedule that is, as always, tough, but not too tough for at least 8 wins, what if we repeat this season's record and lose a couple of games in the fashion that we lost to UF and UGA? What will happen? How much support does CBJ start to lose? Could we still get another top ten class the following spring?

How would you react if this happened?

With great dissapointment. Duh. But this ain't gonna happen. The program is getting stronger with each passing day, and CBJ is the answer. 6-6 is ok in year two of rebuilding after the recruiting disaster that was our last ball coach. Now that CBJ has had 2 1/2 years of his recruits, competing for the East is the goal. Anything less than that this year a letdown imo. I don't think we have to win the east this year, but we need to be in the hunt all the way to the end. 2016 SEC champoonship and a trip to the playoffs is our trajectory.

6-6 would not be good for Vol Nation lol.

I think CBJ's seat would be a little warm. I think you'd see changes made with the staff at that point.

I think we win 8 next year.

I don't think it will happen, either. But, Bajakian has become notorious for questionable calls In short yardage situations, and it's cost us before. Granted, a lot of that likely had to do with the oline being subpar and green, but he has much to prove, still, as does the aforementioned offensive line.

So this is actually a bash Bajakian thread? 6-6 would be a step back for sure.

The way Butch is recruiting, I think it would be a huge mistake if he gets fired for going 6-6. We need to get 4 solid recruiting classes in and then the W's will come.

Reactions: 1 person
I have some new thread titles I'd like to run by you guys.
"What if UT goes 5-7 next season?"
"What if UT goes 9-3 next season?"
"What if UT goes 10-2 next season?"
"What if UT goes winless next season?"

And last but not least, is Jalen's goofy haircut the secret to his power?

Reactions: 6 people
6-6 and we better start looking for another coach unless we have injuries to several key players. You know what, I was fixing to start listing several excuses for a 6-6 season but the truth is, going 6-6 next year is unexcusable. Cold hard fact. I believe in Butch 100% and I dont think we have anything to worry about but a 6-6 season changes everything.

A 6-6 season may be more realistic than many of you think, it all hinges on the health of Josh Dobbs. If he gets hurt forget about 7, 8, or 9 wins. If Tennessee is able to pull off a victory over Bama or Florida before Dobbs gets hurt, 6-6 is no big deal, in fact some of us are celebrating. If not, it is a "not again" deflating of the fanbase and we grit it out until the next year.

A 6-6 season with a healthy Dobbs is not catastrophic, but it is close. Part the fanbase will be screaming, another part will be crying, some will go catatonic, and the rest will blame Dooley. Butch will almost certainly have to sacrifice some of his staff to the football gods and recruiting may take a hit.

Reactions: 6 people
Means it's time for new
Assistants. Butch can recruit, good pr guy, you don't have to have the best x&o guy at the top but you have to have great coordinators. His ability to change coaches when he has to will define his tenure at Tennessee!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back