2015 starting lineup prediction

jbr82

My way early predicted lineup barring we have no key injuries
Dobbs made a bad OL look avg. Need him healthy and to be as good or better, especially in pass game

Offense:
LT 63 B. Kendrick So.
LG 75 M. Jackson Sr.
C 57 M. Crowder Sr.
RG 73 J. Robertson So.
RT 74 D. Blair Jr.
TE 82 E. Wolf So. 48 A. Ellis Sr.
RB 1 J. Hurd So. 6 A. Kamara So.
WR 9 V. Pearson Sr. 25 J. Smith So.
WR 8 M. North Jr. 18 J. Croom Jr.
WR 2 P. Howard Sr. 3 J. Malone So.
QB 11 J. Dobbs Jr.

Defense:
DE 9. D. Barnett So. 4 L. Lewis Jr.
DT 96 T. Saulsberry Sr. K. Mackenzie Fr.
DT 95 D. O' Brien Jr. 58 O. Williams Sr.
DE 56 C. Maggitt Sr. 50. C. Vareen Jr./ 5 K. Phillips Fr.
LB 42 C. Weathred Sr. 17 D. Bates Fr.
LB 34 J. Maybin Jr.
NB 12 E. Moseley So.
CB. J. Martin So.???? 22 M. Foreman Jr.
CB 23 C. Sutton Jr.
SS 33 L. McNeil Sr. 6 T. Kelly So.
FS 37 B. Randolph Sr. 7 R. Gaulden So.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Dobbs made a bad OL look avg. Need him healthy and to be as good or better, especially in pass game

Offense:
LT 63 B. Kendrick So.
LG 75 M. Jackson Sr.
C 57 M. Crowder Sr.
RG 73 J. Robertson So.
RT 74 D. Blair Jr.

Defense:
LB 34 J. Maybin Jr.
NB 12 E. Moseley So.
CB 23 C. Sutton Jr.

Blair is a natural RT, so that's where I'd play him too. However, he's playing LT. Kendrick should have had a chance to show his worth in a real game as a starting OT this past season. I have little faith he starts coming into the season. Kerbs will most likely be your RT...

Sauls will not be starting either. I expect Sawyers or a freshman to start. Owen could also get a look as a starter.

In 4-2-5 sets, our defense usually runs a MLB. So, it'd be interesting if Weatherd and JRM could hold the fort down. That's by far our best pass rushing lineup.

TKJR will have a strong chance to start next year too IMO.

Gaulden will also have a strong chance to start at Nickel CB

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Blair is a natural RT, so that's where I'd play him too. However, he's playing LT. Kendrick should have had a chance to show his worth in a real game as a starting OT this past season. I have little faith he starts coming into the season. Kerbs will most likely be your RT...

Sauls will not be starting either. I expect Sawyers or a freshman to start. Owen could also get a look as a starter.

In 4-2-5 sets, our defense usually runs a MLB. So, it'd be interesting if Weatherd and JRM could hold the fort down. That's by far our best pass rushing lineup.

TKJR will have a strong chance to start next year too IMO.

Gaulden will also have a strong chance to start at Nickel CB

Kerbyson was terrible at tackle. Have to have an allstar offseason. But hoping blair will too. I do believe kendrick looked lil better than kyle @ tackle

I agree on tkjr, he takes the ball away. Mcneil would make a decent olb imo but may be to late since its his last yr

Last edited:
I doubt Saulsberry starts. Kid cant catch any breaks. Williams, Mixon, Sawyers, McKenzie, and Vickers could all be ahead of him if he never gets healthy.

Reactions: 2 people
Cortez McDowell will get looks at starting job in the back field. R Gualden or Evan Berry will get looks at NB along with Mosley.
Kyler Kerbyson will be at the Tackle unless someone at guard isnt healthy and he moves to guard.
Neiko Creamer will be a big factor in Tight End position ..kid is a monster and will up out TE game once he learns the play book.
Amazing thing to notice is , unless something crazy happens we wont have that many freshman starting. A lot of them will get reps but no body looks like immediate starter (okay Khalil May be) ..

Reactions: 1 person

Offense:
LT 63 B. Kendrick So.
LG 75 M. Jackson Sr.
C 57 M. Crowder Sr.
RG 73 J. Robertson So.
RT 74 D. Blair Jr.
QB 11 J. Dobbs Jr.

Defense:
LB 34 J. Maybin Jr.
NB 12 E. Moseley So.
CB 23 C. Sutton Jr.

Very good line up but i have to make 3 changes. Blair IMO will be your left OT because i have heard many times he has fast feet. And I believe that Mosley will start at Right OT. He has lost alot of weight and has the measurements to be an OT. Only question is his feet!

E. Mosley is to small for the Nickel position. If Gaulden can gain some weight I believe he is the new Nickel Back.

I really hope J. Martin comes in and is as advertised because we will have both corners locked down.

And i pray Saulsberry is finally healthy but if he is not I believe K. Mackenzie and Tuttle will fill the gap along with Sawyers!

And don't rule out Philips at DE! He could be the sleeper this year that gets alot of playing time once they see what he can do!

Also, i would really like to see Weathered do really well but i would not count out Kirkland, Bates or Gavin Bryant.

At TE I would really like to see Creamer come along and do some great things.

Saulsberry may give up football.. Chronic knee issue.
Mosely is OG only

I agree. Saulsberry shouldn't start over Williams. Everybody will play at DT anyway. I don't see Mosely playing anywhere on offense other than guard either. As bad as Coleman Thomas struggled at tackle, he has potential and I'm not sure they are ready to give up on him yet. There is too much of a need there. You will see a rotation at linebacker. Who is in the game will depend a lot on who we are playing and down and distance. It should be a real battle for the CB spot opposite Sutton.

Very good line up but i have to make 3 changes. Blair IMO will be your left OT because i have heard many times he has fast feet. And I believe that Mosley will start at Right OT. He has lost alot of weight and has the measurements to be an OT. Only question is his feet!

E. Mosley is to small for the Nickel position. If Gaulden can gain some weight I believe he is the new Nickel Back.

I really hope J. Martin comes in and is as advertised because we will have both corners locked down.

And i pray Saulsberry is finally healthy but if he is not I believe K. Mackenzie and Tuttle will fill the gap along with Sawyers!

And don't rule out Philips at DE! He could be the sleeper this year that gets alot of playing time once they see what he can do!

Also, i would really like to see Weathered do really well but i would not count out Kirkland, Bates or Gavin Bryant.

At TE I would really like to see Creamer come along and do some great things.

I believe at the start of the season it will be O'Brien and either O. Williams or Sawyer as the starting DTs.

i may be old and dumb but i believe Jack Jones will be starting as a freshman. Also, there is a 350 6'5" gut that might have a say in who starts. Mosley

I was on ESPN and saw a snippet in the SEC blog about EE's who had an impact this past year. Cam Robinson was one they listed, and it got me thinking that Jack Jones could help shore up our line quicker than expected. He's about as far off his ideal weight as Robinson was going in, and from watching his film he seems to fit our system pretty well. He moves well on the perimeter, which is our primary point of attack. I look for him to put on about 20 lbs, and get enough quality snaps towards the beginning of the season to supplant the older guys by the end.

If Gaulden continues to progress and Justin Martin is as good as he's supposed to be, combine that with the great safety play and Cam Sutton and we finally have a secondary that is as good as anyone in the conference.

If we can get Mike Williams back to add depth, Secondary may be the best around.

I was on ESPN and saw a snippet in the SEC blog about EE's who had an impact this past year. Cam Robinson was one they listed, and it got me thinking that Jack Jones could help shore up our line quicker than expected. He's about as far off his ideal weight as Robinson was going in, and from watching his film he seems to fit our system pretty well. He moves well on the perimeter, which is our primary point of attack. I look for him to put on about 20 lbs, and get enough quality snaps towards the beginning of the season to supplant the older guys by the end.

If anyone were going to make an immediate impact on the offensive line I believe it would be Jack Jones. He has the work ethic and the drive and one helluva mean streak. If he wants it he will get it.

KMac and O'Brien will start at DT day 1...nobody's keeping KMac on the sideline as he's the best feshman DL prospect UT has ever signed. If Phillips shows up at a Barnett level then I look for Maggitt to be the starting LB opposite JRM. Mosely at CB and either Gauleden or Berry at nickle.

The day K-MAC gets here he is our starting DT for the next 3 years, and you got to get TKJ on the field because he makes plays, I don't know if he starts but Jack Jones will see the field early and often with him being here now and going thru the spring and working in the weight room in the summer he might be ready to come in and compete for a lot of playing time when fall rolls around, hope we don't have to play him a lot that would mean our line has came a long way.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back