Alvin Kamara: Growing into a Volunteer

kamoshika

Going from the Southeastern Conference to junior college is a shock to the system, but it was a shock that forced Kamara to grow as a person and find out exactly where his priorities were. The most important thing he learned came away from the field. If he was to succeed in returning to a Division I school, it would be all on him to get there.

"I'm actually smarter than I thought I was," Kamara said with a laugh before turning completely serious. "You've got to really stay on top of everything, whether it's just sports-wise or academic-wise you've just got to stay on top of everything because it's not the type of support like a D1 school has."

The message he has already shared with his teammates is very simple. The opportunity they have at Tennessee is something that they should embrace every day.

"Definitely don't take this for granted because it can be gone in a second," he said. "That's what I really realized just being at Alabama one second and the next second being at Hutchinson. So definitely take everything, take all your opportunities and run with them and just keep working to do what you want to do."

Growing Into A Volunteer - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 28 people
Very pleased with how well spoken he is. We need not only great football players but also men. It's getting exciting again up on the hill. Go vols!

Reactions: 1 person
I can't wait to see what he does out the gate. I still love Hurd and think he's the guy, but it will be nice to be able to give Jalen some quality rest with a guy like Alvin that's gonna be a beast himself.

I really want to unleash Kamara on Bama. Hope he runs for 232 and 4 tds against Bama.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't wait to see what he does out the gate. I still love Hurd and think he's the guy, but it will be nice to be able to give Jalen some quality rest with a guy like Alvin that's gonna be a beast himself.

I really want to unleash Kamara on Bama. Hope he runs for 232 and 4 tds against Bama.

Hurd will have his hands full keeping the starting job. I hated to see AK leave Bama, I thought he'd be the next great RB for us. I hope the kid has his life in order like the article says.

Hurd will have his hands full keeping the starting job. I hated to see AK leave Bama, I thought he'd be the next great RB for us. I hope the kid has his life in order like the article says.

I think we all hope Hurd has an extremely hard time keeping his starting position. If that happens, it just means we have a lethal 1-2 punch, no matter who is starting. We haven't had that on the Hill in a very long time. Shoot, before Hurd came along this past season, it seems we haven't even had an above average RB since Hardesty. I believe CBJ will keep a stockpile of really good RB's in his arsenal from here on out.

Reactions: 8 people

Soil some bloomers. :clapping:

Going from the Southeastern Conference to junior college is a shock to the system, but it was a shock that forced Kamara to grow as a person and find out exactly where his priorities were. The most important thing he learned came away from the field. If he was to succeed in returning to a Division I school, it would be all on him to get there.

"I'm actually smarter than I thought I was," Kamara said with a laugh before turning completely serious. "You've got to really stay on top of everything, whether it's just sports-wise or academic-wise you've just got to stay on top of everything because it's not the type of support like a D1 school has."

The message he has already shared with his teammates is very simple. The opportunity they have at Tennessee is something that they should embrace every day.

"Definitely don't take this for granted because it can be gone in a second," he said. "That's what I really realized just being at Alabama one second and the next second being at Hutchinson. So definitely take everything, take all your opportunities and run with them and just keep working to do what you want to do."

Growing Into A Volunteer - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Wise words that every college football coach would love to have spoken to his team. It would help with a lot of the issues we see going on now.

Watching Kamara's highlights I'm really impressed at how quickly he stops, cuts and gets back up to speed in the middle of a run. Kid has some moves.

This is why I love going the juco route. Most of all the guys are being given a second chance and they don't want to blow it. Congrats to him for getting it straightened out. Will be a force next year.

VN Store

Back