ESPN SEC Power Ratings 2015

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
2015 Too-Early SEC Power Rankings - SEC Blog - ESPN

SEC rankings

What do you all think? I'd slide UGa to 3 and move the Bama schools up to 1 and 2.

Looks pretty solid otherwise. These predictions are making me want to bump my preseason expectations from 8-4 to 9-3 but I am going to keep them at 8-4 for now.

1.UGA
2.Auburn
3.Bama
4.Ole Miss
5.Arkansas
6.LSU
7.Tennessee
8.Missouri
9.Miss State
10.A&M
11.Florida
12.South Carolina
13.Kentucky
14.Vandy

Reactions: 2 people
Do they not realize UGA has a new offensive staff and a new QB to break in? Not to mention their defense was pretty awful this year.

Reactions: 9 people
At least kenSucky and the commodedoors are back where they belong, LOL!

I also love being ranked ahead of everyone in the SEC East except the UGa bullFrawgs.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people

SEC rankings

What do you all think? I'd slide UGa to 3 and move the Bama schools up to 1 and 2.

Looks pretty solid otherwise. These predictions are making me want to bump my preseason expectations from 8-4 to 9-3 but I am going to keep them at 8-4 for now.

1.UGA
2.Auburn
3.Bama
4.Ole Miss
5.Arkansas
6.LSU
7.Tennessee
8.Missouri
9.Miss State
10.A&M
11.Florida
12.South Carolina
13.Kentucky
14.Vandy

Based on bowl results I think the EAST should dominate top 5!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Bama is replacing nearly their entire offense and the secondary isn't getting better overnight. Would I rank anyone else above them? IDK (not sure how quickly Chavis and/or Muschamp can turn things ariund) but I really think LSU is goingto struggle.

I just love these "Way too Early" things......we have not even had spring practice yet. Geez.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hate seeing folk we lost to below us...makes this listing sillier than it already is...

Until we find a way to beat Florida...Missouri...we don't deserve to be on top of them, even in a silly, off-season "Poll".

Do they not realize UGA has a new offensive staff and a new QB to break in? Not to mention their defense was pretty awful this year.

But if you watched the NC you saw what a team with a great tailback and a 3rd string QB with just 3 starts can do.

UGA has 3 great tailbacks and they have a some QB's. Richt is not going to change his offense with the new OC. Also, this will be the 2nd year under Pruitt's defensive scheme, and he won a NC at FSU as DC and another at Bama, so he will get the D playing better this year. Till we beat them I can see why they are rated ahead of us.

Bama is replacing nearly their entire offense and the secondary isn't getting better overnight. Would I rank anyone else above them? IDK (not sure how quickly Chavis and/or Muschamp can turn things ariund) but I really think LSU is goingto struggle.

You forgot, they have Lane Kiffin!

SEC rankings

1.UGA
2.Auburn
3.Bama
4.Ole Miss
5.Arkansas
6.LSU
7.Tennessee
8.Missouri
9.Miss State
10.A&M
11.Florida
12.South Carolina
13.Kentucky
14.Vandy

Considering the schedule UT played they should be ahead of LSU and tied with Ark. Miss State should be top 5, South Carolina should be ahead of Florida. Mizzou should be higher(like 5 or 6). UGA should be behind both Alabama schools and until proven otherwise Bama should be at number 1. Ole Miss is about the only one outside of UK and Vandy that is probably in the right place.

Mine:
1.Alabama
2.Auburn
3.UGA
4.Ole Miss
5.Miss State
6.Mizzou
7a.UT
7b.Ark
8.LSU
9.A&M
10.USC
11.UF
12.UK
13.Vandy

Last edited:
Georgia on top is silly, until you realize how much everyone else is replacing. Not sure why Miss St is so low with the Dak attack returning...

SEC appears wide open, at least it does 8 months ahead of time.

Considering the schedule UT played they should be ahead of LSU and tied with Ark. Miss State should be top 5, South Carolina should be ahead of Florida. Mizzou should be higher(like 5 or 6). UGA should be behind both Alabama schools and until proven otherwise Bama should be at number 1. Ole Miss is about the only one outside of UK and Vandy that is probably in the right place.

Mine:
1.Alabama
2.UGA
3.Auburn
4.Miss St
5.Arky
6. Ole miss
7. LSU
8. Tx AnM
9. UT
10. Florida
11. Mizzou
12. USCe
13. UK
14. Me, my cousins and my neighbor Doug
15. Vandy

11-4 are all so close IMO. I realize I disrespect Mizzou... I'll never learn at this point.

I like it.

Modified yours to make mine

Very surprised they are picking UGA as #1. Pruitt finally has the defense clicking, but they'll have a new QB and a new (very unproven) OC, and they've consistently underperformed for the past few years.

Auburn and Alabama make more sense at the top IMO.

Teams have about a 8 - 10 year winning cycle. Bama's is coming to a end. TN is just now beginning. 2015 will be the year we begin ours. Arky is also on the upswing. LSWho is now beginning their decent. I would place TN around 5 or 6. We beat FL & MO this year.

There is not a team on that list that we won't be able to compete with next year and it is about freaking time!

Mine:
1.Alabama
2.Auburn
3.UGA
4.Ole Miss
5.Miss State
6.Mizzou
7a.UT
7b.Ark
8.LSU
9.A&M
10.USC
11.UF
12.UK
13.Vandy

That's not the point of this ranking. It's not about what was done this year. It's about how the team is set going into next year.

for SEC QB Power Rankings, does it start like this?
1. Maty Mauk
2. Josh Dobbs

That's not the point of this ranking. It's not about what was done this year. It's about how the team is set going into next year.

Exactly.

More than half of this forum gets caught up on past results as if it means anything going into the year.

Ridiculous.

VN Store

Back