Head Coach

ManningBerry#1

I'm still glad we have Butch. When he said he was born in Michigan but from Tennessee I was sold. I'll wait for championship results.

Reactions: 4 people
It's sad to think that we are so far away from a season we are all looking fwd to! It's gonna be a long wait! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait tho!

Reactions: 1 person
It's sad to think that we are so far away from a season we are all looking fwd to! It's gonna be a long wait! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait tho!

It's not gonna be next season, but it's not gonna be that long.. have some faith man.

I watched the national title game last evening. I thought the Vols were dominant against Iowa in the "Gator" Bowl. There is a wide gap between Iowa and Ohio State/Oregon! The euphoria is getting out of control. It's time to get back to BRICK BY BRICK.

Reactions: 4 people
There is no reason we can't win the SEC next season

If our OLine doesn't drastically improve I would imagine we will have a similar record as this year. Also if we don't throw the ball downfield a little more we will be in trouble.

Reactions: 6 people
I watched the national title game last evening. I thought the Vols were dominant against Iowa in the "Gator" Bowl. There is a wide gap between Iowa and Ohio State/Oregon! The euphoria is getting out of control. It's time to get back to BRICK BY BRICK.

This

What is with the sudden negativity?

Probably because Urban won last night! People are getting paranoid that he's taking recruits that should be playing in the SEC but he's got a formula for the Big 10.

I'm interested to see how next season playoff turn out!

Anywho, Go Vols!

If our OLine doesn't drastically improve I would imagine we will have a similar record as this year. Also if we don't throw the ball downfield a little more we will be in trouble.

I'm sure all our coaches were watching specific/position plays during the NC game. First of year OSU's O line was trounced; now look how they made holes for Elliot.

For all the recruiting, gotta believe having a top tier of asst. coaches makes a big difference, too. NY Times this morning had an interesting article about Meyer's "details" in coaching. Even though CBJ born in Michigan, from TN....I'm hoping he at least reads national publications and tries to pick up a tip.

Well said. The OL looked better against Iowa. They are the key next year as well as Dobbs ability to stretch the field with his arm. If he can become more accurate on the deep balls as well as the OL improving, there's no reason to not be in Atlanta next year.

NY Times this morning had an interesting article about Meyer's "details" in coaching. Even though CBJ born in Michigan, from TN....I'm hoping he at least reads national publications and tries to pick up a tip.

If Butch Jones has to read the New York Times to pick up tips on how to run the University of Tennessee football program then everyone should set their expectations for 6 to 7 wins a year or less.

Reactions: 6 people

So let me get this straight, you don't think our offensive line played better at the end of the year? I bet Iowa would beg to disagree!!

I'm sure all our coaches were watching specific/position plays during the NC game. First of year OSU's O line was trounced; now look how they made holes for Elliot For all the recruiting, gotta believe having a top tier of asst. coaches makes a big difference, too. NY Times this morning had an interesting article about Meyer's "details" in coaching. Even though CBJ born in Michigan, from TN....I'm hoping he at least reads national publications and tries to pick up a tip.

Butch Jones has his coaching staff!! He needs no advice from anyone, my friend! Love "arm chair coaches".

Both of your very valid "ifs" will happen. Vastly improved O-line, down-field passing game, and a bruising, relentless running attack will result in a quantum leap in performance/results, my friend. Can't wait, CarbonVol, can't wait.

Well said. The OL looked better against Iowa. They are the key next year as well as Dobbs ability to stretch the field with his arm. If he can become more accurate on the deep balls as well as the OL improving, there's no reason to not be in Atlanta next year.

Minus injuries....

OSU is only enjoying the recuiting battle because of the performance of the whole Big10 confernence, once the others get their act together, Urban will be trying to convince everyone why he need to take time off to be with his family and work on some health issues. If anyone thinks OSU is not going to lose one or two QBs to transfer......wait and see JT Barret is not going to play backup to a Freshman.

Go Vols!

If Butch Jones has to read the New York Times to pick up tips on how to run the University of Tennessee football program then everyone should set their expectations for 6 to 7 wins a year or less.

Yeah he should just take advice to the geniuses on this site.

VN Store

Back