Will Vols be ready for OU's new look offense?

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
With the addition of Lincoln Riley from ECU, Oklahoma will be running an entirely different offense from the one Tennessee's defense faced in 2014. Riley, who is a Mike Leach disciple, will help transform OU into an air-raid attack. Seeing that the Sooners will be adding a new WR's coach as well, will Tennessee have the secondary to defend the multiplicity of 4 and 5 wide receivers looks that this offense brings?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...coln-riley-new-ou-offensive-cordinator-011215

Reactions: 1 person
It takes more than 1 year to learn a new offense. Barnett and friends have a field day in Knoxville.

Reactions: 13 people
We will be ready, this will be only there second game on the other hand will they be ready for Dobbs running and throwing, remember they played against Worley, hope they study that tape, be a whole different team this time around, we win easy 38-17.:lolabove:

Reactions: 2 people
We will be ready, this will be only there second game on the other hand will they be ready for Dobbs running and throwing, remember they played against Worley, hope they study that tape, be a whole different team this time around, we win easy 38-17.:lolabove:

I love the enthusiasm. I hope you are right.

With the addition of Lincoln Riley from ECU, Oklahoma will be running an entirely different offense from the one Tennessee's defense faced in 2014. Riley, who is a Mike Leach disciple, will help transform OU into an air-raid attack. Seeing that the Sooners will be adding a new WR's coach as well, will Tennessee have the secondary to defend the multiplicity of 4 and 5 wide receivers looks that this offense brings?

Oklahoma Football: Sooners hire ECU's Lincoln Riley as new OC, source says | FOX Sports

better question is will they be ready for our D-Line?

Reactions: 23 people

Oklahoma Football: Sooners hire ECU's Lincoln Riley as new OC, source says | FOX Sports

Dave Hart just read your post and is looking into buying out of that game. He scurred!

I think OK has had a Mike Leach disciple at OC since Leach left. I'm pretty sure they've been an air raid team since around 98.

I think this game will be entirely different. I think it'll be close, but I think opposing offenses trying to pass on us are going to have a nightmare of a time with Barnett and Maggitt. Protection for the QB to have time to throw against us will be hard to come by.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...coln-riley-new-ou-offensive-cordinator-011215

The question is will Oklahoma be ready for it! I know we will have a solid defense, with multiple years in the same system.

Reactions: 2 people
I predict a new season record for INT's for our secondary next year. If an opposing QB throws that ball up...it's ours. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I think this game will be entirely different. I think it'll be close, but I think opposing offenses trying to pass on us are going to have a nightmare of a time with Barnett and Maggitt. Protection for the QB to have time to throw against us will be hard to come by.

Wish this game was a little later in the season so that K-Mac, Tuttle and Kirkland could have some more game experience! Our D-Line is gonna be nasty!

the question is, do they have the players/personel already in place to make that type of offense work? If they were not running that before, they may not have the WRs etc... in place and will take a couple of seasons to recruit who will work in that type of system. If I remember correctly, they were not an "air raid" type of O when we played them, so implimenting that type of system will take time and the right players. We will be fine.

Air raids don't work when the QB is on his ass every play. This game won't be close.

Not this already. Bob will have his team ready. It'll be a good game and not one that I'd take lightly. Will be a great test for our team before we enter the SEC gauntlet.

Reactions: 4 people
Not this already. Bob will have his team ready. It'll be a good game and not one that I'd take lightly. Will be a great test for our team before we enter the SEC gauntlet.

Tennessee will overrun them with speed and physicality that was previously thought to be not existent.

VN Store

Back