So which game?

bUTchLookin4Dimez

Commie hater
Which game on next years schedule would you like to "Checker Neyland"? Yeah I know it's not a tradition, but I think it should be at least a one time a year thing.

I'm going you say Oklahoma. Just because I think it'd be some sort of intimidation factor for them. That and they did it to us this year lol.

Reactions: 3 people
Which game on next years schedule would you like to "Checker Neyland"? Yeah I know it's not a tradition, but I think it should be at least a one time a year thing.

I'm going you say Oklahoma. Just because I think it'd be some sort of intimidation factor for them. That and they did it to us this year lol.

I would say Oklahoma as well. But I hate to tell you, it won't have an intimidation factor. Were the UT players intimidated over OU candy striping their stadium? I doubt it.

I totally agree OP!

I'd like to see us checker Neyland at least 2 times a year and at every bowl game.

That could become another great tradition and the young recruits would love it too since that's proof of such great fan support.

I don't give a rats patoot what other schools may say, I believe that Tennessee has the greatest fans in the world!

We are the Big Orange Nation and other schools can kiss my (_)_).

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Georgia Game!

Could very well decide the SEC East!! :rock::rock::rock:

Hopefully! :crossfingers::crossfingers:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
We should just have a nudist convention one game. Every fan in attendance is butt naked. It would be original, and intimidating.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO, Im tired of the lil jon, checker the stadium, etc. Just want to focus on winning games.

You just keep on focusing hard. We'll see if it makes a difference on the field....

It was a beautiful thing last year for the UF game, despite the outcome. It would be a real shame to let that loss stop us from doing something as cool as that again.

Reactions: 8 people
IMO, Im tired of the lil jon, checker the stadium, etc. Just want to focus on winning games.

Like it or not Lil Jon helped the defense focus on third down and we got better results. Maybe we do something different in 2015 but it's all part of the home field advantage. For years people complained that the gameday experience had become a bit stale. Now we are trying new things and for most they are fun experiences. Just roll with it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
First, let me say on here since I only did so on Twitter, but THANK YOU to everyone that helped pull off #CheckerNeyland, we showed the nation why we are the best fan base by pulling that off mostly on our own with little university assistance. I was speechless and proud of what we as a unit accomplished.

I am happy that many of you would like to see it as a yearly thing, I would love to see that but I'm also very biased on the matter. ; )> I would only want to do it once a year and only home games.

That being said, I have leaned toward Oklahoma as my choice, against Georgia would be good, but if we were to have a night game, THAT is the one I'd like to see done.

It will either be Oklahoma or Georgia. There is a thought to do Oklahoma because their "Stripe the Stadium" against us was the inspiration. There will also be fewer visiting fans than UGA.

I say we should checker every game. It seems like it wasn't that hard to put together and everyone executed it to perfection. Would be something to have on the "12th" man also.

First, let me say on here since I only did so on Twitter, but THANK YOU to everyone that helped pull off #CheckerNeyland, we showed the nation why we are the best fan base by pulling that off mostly on our own with little university assistance. I was speechless and proud of what we as a unit accomplished.

I am happy that many of you would like to see it as a yearly thing, I would love to see that but I'm also very biased on the matter. ; )> I would only want to do it once a year and only home games.

That being said, I have leaned toward Oklahoma as my choice, against Georgia would be good, but if we were to have a night game, THAT is the one I'd like to see done.

Maybe I've just been living under a rock but I had no idea that you are the guy that made the picture that went viral on twitter and started all of this. You deserve endless likes and I hereby nominate you to the VFL Hall of Fame.

Maybe I've just been living under a rock but I had no idea that you are the guy that made the picture that went viral on twitter and started all of this. You deserve endless likes and I hereby nominate you to the VFL Hall of Fame.

lol, thank you very much for the kind words. I was just giving my all for Tennessee (via my endless amount of VolArt edits and such) and the VolFamily made it a reality. ; )>

Reactions: 5 people
I would say Oklahoma as well. But I hate to tell you, it won't have an intimidation factor. Were the UT players intimidated over OU candy striping their stadium? I doubt it.

It's different though, we are UT and they are OU. Their stadium doesn't come close to Neyland and the atmosphere doesn't either.

We should just have a nudist convention one game. Every fan in attendance is butt naked. It would be original, and intimidating.

Can we just please do this before it gets cold ? Afraid our fan base might not be as much as it would be in the warmer weather........

Oklahoma or Georgia
And I think 3rd down for what helped the D!
It was fun doing it too & got the crowd involved. I'm not sure why some people don't like it

Huge Sooner fan here, I posted a bit during the OU-Tennessee game last year and really enjoyed the conversation. I don't have the privileges yet to make my own post so I thought I would just put this here. First, congrats on a great end to your season and an impressive bowl victory. Wish I could say the same for the Sooners, it really couldn't have ended worse. Having said that, It's been a bucket list item of mine to attend a game in Knoxville and plan on being there in September. I had a few questions for the experts around here in terms of ticket availability, lodging, entertainment, etc. Plan is for the wife and I to make a mini-vacation out of the trip and go to Memphis (Graceland) Nashville and then obviously Knoxville. So, here goes...

Tickets - any chance of snagging tickets at the game? Should I look online at ticket broker sites? What would you expect for me to pay for tickets to this game?

Lodging - planning on staying Knoxville Friday and Saturday night. Would you recommend staying in Knoxville or another town just outside of knoxville? What would I expect to pay in terms of pricing somewhat close to the stadium?

Entertainment - Specifically for Friday what are recommendations for good food, bars or if there are any sightseeing type activities that can be done during the day and at night. Also, for gameday what are some must see traditions or what would any of you guys recommend as far as the perfect gameday rituals or must do's. Thank you in advance!

I say we should checker every game. It seems like it wasn't that hard to put together and everyone executed it to perfection. Would be something to have on the "12th" man also.

Not a bad idea. It would be like a new tradition to add to our already rich traditional ways. I like it.

VN Store

Back