2015 SEC Champ Team

It's Gr8 2 B a V

Vols 2015 Projected Lineup looking championship caliber. Why not us next year?

Deadly Defense

DLine: Barnett, Khalil, Shy, Kyle Phillips/Ford/Butcher
LB: Reeves-maybin, Jakob/Bates/Kirkland, Maggit
DB: Sutton, Randy Boy, TKJ/McNeil, Mosely/Berry

Speed Offense

OL: Blair, Jackson, Crowder, Jashon, Kerbyson
QB: DOBBS
RB: HURD and Kamara
TE: Wolf
WRs: Marquez, Malone, Pig, Von, Preston Willilams

Reactions: 12 people
Creamer will be part of the offense in some way. He's a freak! Gavin Bryant will get a look at LB. Malone will improve as well. Team 119 has a big upside! GBO!!

Reactions: 1 person
With everything being equal, is there any team that is a clear, head and shoulders above the rest favorite to win the SEC?

Forgot J Smith and Croom at WR. This team could be capable of winning the the East.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd expect BAMA, UGA, & LSU lineups to be more impressive on paper. What we have is a successful returning QB that's hopefully the difference maker.

Reactions: 2 people
It all hinges on the progression of the Oline and Dobbs, and the latter is dependent on the former. Dobbs definitely needs more time to throw, but he also needs to improve his accuracy. I think an entire offseason working with the 1s and 2s will help him tremendously.

The defense will be top 25 nationally and certainly in the upper echelon of the SEC, so I'm not worried about that side of the ball whatsoever.

I also think that worst case scenario, the offense will still be very good, but it has the potential to be elite.

Watch out with that kind of talk. God forbid anyone believes in our players. Worst possible sin on volnation. Haven't you heard we are turribull?

Deadly Defense

Speed Offense

So I guess Butch knows what he is doing in recruiting. It just take awhile to build a football team back up after what Butch was left with. Now you starting to see what he can do. The coaching even gets better when you get better players. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
Most "experts" that I've heard picking Georgia, is only because of nick Chubb. He is good, but it takes more than a running back to win the conference. I know they usually have a good oline, their defense isn't never what it should be. I say that for this, I see no reason Tennessee can't win the east either. Just my opinion. Then who knows how that team will progress and compete in Atlanta.

Last edited:
We are going to be fun to watch in 2015! Can we win the east? The answer relies on the off. line and josh dobbs. It will be different this time round, dobbs will help the ol look much better when things break down. My point is dobbs can't have it in the back of his mind that he has 2 seconds before he his hit like Worley did, and he can't be expected to run every play, his health will become an issue. With a little ol improvement and all the weapons josh has a sec east crown should be within reach.

I wouldn't go so far as to predict an SEC east title for the Vol's. On the flip side, Who knows with a little luck and barring injuries to key individuals, it's still a possibility for the scrappy, young Vol's.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to predict an SEC east title for the Vol's. On the flip side, Who knows with a little luck and barring injuries to key individuals, it's still a possibility for the scrappy, young Vol's.

Still gotta see them win against traditional losses Florida Georgia Missouri Bama. When they do THEN let's talk about an SEC East Championship.

Deadly Defense

Speed Offense

"OL: Blair, Jackson, Crowder, Jashon, Kerbyson". I just don't see that as a line that can carry us to the east title. Still 1 year away IMO....and that assumes we get some quality line help specifically at tackle. Folks just don't understand that you can't just stick a body at tackle and compete. One of the hardest positions to recruit. I think we can push for 3rd in the east and perhaps 2nd but we're just not at that level yet. Coming soon tho.

Rating our 2015' by position group. Here is my best shot on a scale of SEC 1-10 scale. Feel free to correct as needed:

Projected 15' Offense:
OL - 5 (Projecting cohesion, health, + Blair wins spot)
TE - 7 (Need something out of Branisel & or FR)
WR - 9 (Projecting everyone healthy & xtra maturity. PW redshirt)
QB - 7 (Projecting JD reading Ds & hitting deep targets & NP = exper. backup)
RB - 9 (Projecting Kamara equals hype & 1 FR can step in at some point)
Depth - 6 (WR strong. Questions elsewhere)
Offense Composite = 7.3
Biggest variables: QB development & OL stability / improvement.

Projected 15' Defense:
DL - 7 (FR impact rarely high at DT, Maturity improves 14' group, KM = Wildcard)
LB - 7 (Bates returns, JRM = beast, Lotta speed outside. Inside = ?)
DB - 7 (A lot of experience now. Tons of raw underclassmen talent
Depth - 7 (Finally turning the corner. Lots of young talent in 2 deep now)
Defense Composite - 7.0
Biggest variables: FR contribution & MLB candidate.

Special Teams: 8 (Building on big improvement. Punter = Wilcard)
Biggest variable: FR Punter

Coaching: 8 (Stability! Vol vans may have to look up the word.)

I see us therefore as @ 7.5:10. Better than we've been roster & staff wise since 08' or 09'. A ton of potential young talent that should mature and make for another strong finish headed into 2016.

Projected finish: 8-4
SEC finish: Top 3 SEC East.
Biggest variables: Ball bounce the right way a few times = ATL. Bounces normal = 2nd or 3rd. Bad bounces = "Fahr Somebody".

All etched in stone of course! ;)

One of us mis-read...
I didn't see "east" included in op.
Just SEC champs. :ermm:

Rating our 2015' by position group. Here is my best shot on a scale of SEC 1-10 scale. Feel free to correct as needed:

Projected 15' Offense:
OL - 5 (Projecting cohesion, health, + Blair wins spot)
TE - 7 (Need something out of Branisel & or FR)
WR - 9 (Projecting everyone healthy & xtra maturity. PW redshirt)
QB - 7 (Projecting JD reading Ds & hitting deep targets & NP = exper. backup)
RB - 9 (Projecting Kamara equals hype & 1 FR can step in at some point)
Depth - 6 (WR strong. Questions elsewhere)
Offense Composite = 7.3
Biggest variables: QB development & OL stability / improvement.

Projected 15' Defense:
DL - 7 (FR impact rarely high at DT, Maturity improves 14' group, KM = Wildcard)
LB - 7 (Bates returns, JRM = beast, Lotta speed outside. Inside = ?)
DB - 7 (A lot of experience now. Tons of raw underclassmen talent
Depth - 7 (Finally turning the corner. Lots of young talent in 2 deep now)
Defense Composite - 7.0
Biggest variables: FR contribution & MLB candidate.

Special Teams: 8 (Building on big improvement. Punter = Wilcard)
Biggest variable: FR Punter

Coaching: 8 (Stability! Vol vans may have to look up the word.)

I see us therefore as @ 7.5:10. Better than we've been roster & staff wise since 08' or 09'. A ton of potential young talent that should mature and make for another strong finish headed into 2016.

Projected finish: 8-4
SEC finish: Top 3 SEC East.
Biggest variables: Ball bounce the right way a few times = ATL. Bounces normal = 2nd or 3rd. Bad bounces = "Fahr Somebody".

All etched in stone of course! ;)

How can you rate our offense better than our defense? The only ? On defense is at MLB. IMO

Most "experts" that I've heard picking Georgia, is only because of nick Chubb. He is good, but it takes more than a running back to win the conference. I know they usually have a good oline, their defense isn't never what it should be. I say that for this, I see no reason Tennessee can't win the east either. Just my opinion. Then who knows how that team will progress and compete in Atlanta.

Georgia no matter how talented they always choke. Its in their blood. Why are they the default choice? Makes no sense. lol.

Last edited:
I'll be happy with 8-9 total wins. SEC championship may be a bit premature. But the talent will be there to make some noise.

I'd expect BAMA, UGA, & LSU lineups to be more impressive on paper. What we have is a successful returning QB that's hopefully the difference maker.

No doubt all three of those teams have great backs and talent but all three of them have questionable QB situations. Will Coker live up to the hype? Is UGA's QB going to be consistent? Will LSU look at a different QB or put trust in the one they have now (his name is slipping me). Jennings?

VN Store

Back