CBJ says dobbs is starter moving forward

juggernaUT

On @SportsradioWNML cbj said dobbs has earned it. I'm so glad he came out and said this. I was afraid he was gonna open up the competition again.

Reactions: 23 people
On @SportsradioWNML cbj said dobbs has earned it. I'm so glad he came out and said this. I was afraid he was gonna open up the competition again.

This should extremely helpful as he'll get most of the reps with the ones to work on timing and what not.

Reactions: 5 people
Anyone that doesn't realize that competition is always open for every role on the team is too naïve to be allowed out without adult supervision.

Reactions: 12 people
Anyone that doesn't realize that competition is always open for every role on the team is too naïve to be allowed out without adult supervision.

So you believe that if Peyton had a bad spring prior to his senior year he would have been benched? Not comparing Dobbs to him but no one lives in an absolute world.

Reactions: 1 person

Define competition. Would that be a true freshman? Nathan Peterman? Sure, there's always competition, but what level of competition? Anyone who believes that Dobbs would not be the incumbent might also require a babysitter.

Reactions: 7 people
How could coach Jones not say Dobb's was the starter moving forward?
I can only imagine the response if Jones announced that the QB position was up for grabs this year.

If one of the incoming frosh QB's happened to be head and shoulders above everyone else, I would expect that he would play this year even if Dobb's was announced the starter.

I read the title wrong at first, thought it said "cbj says dobbs moving" like in transfer.
That scared me.

What a coach tells the media you can take with a grain of salt. I am sure as it stands now that with Peterman and 3 freshmen, Dobbs is the man. It can always change later. He didn't make news with this one.

This should be obvious, but it's the first time Dobbs is the true #1 going into a new season. It was a formality, but helpful for the team to KNOW they have their leader during offseason workouts.

VN Store

Back