call me whatever, I only see 2 possible losses in 2015

ImportedVoL

The Converted Yankee
Seriously with who we have returning, and our recruits who could make immediate impact. The only 2 possible losses I see are UGA and Bama.. and I say possible because both teams are beatable.

UGA, if we can contain chubbs it is game over. But he is the type of player that if you let him get going he can easily put the game on his back and win it for his team.

Bama, they are vulnerable to tempo and speed which we have. And our defense can very well shut them down if they play lights out.

I'll go on record now sayin we win the east, JMO and I know the posters on here who will have some snide remark about it already, luckily I have them all on ignore.

No one in the SEC has as many coming back as we do..and we having some amazing EE's that will have the time with our program to help us out.

We will be the talk of the nation which will give the coaches enough juice to bring in another top 3 class next year and put us into the playoffs in 2016.

It is good to be a Tennessee VOL!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
I like it OP!! I've said it before and I'll say it again....everyone wants to talk about '16 this and that, but '15 has the potential to be very special. No reason at all it can't be.

Reactions: 4 people
While it is good to be a Vol, I see a few more.

Until we beat Florida, I will never write them off.
Mizzou is a threat, I hate to admit it but Pinkel overachieved based on talent.
Arkansas finished this season with ridiculous momentum.
Don't underestimate Oklahoma, while we may end up favored in that game, it is not an auto win.

Everyone else I expect to beat, although South Carolina is not a really a given.

This makes me sound like a negavol, but I still think we might be looking at a 9-10 win regular season this year. I think we lose Bama, and lose two out of OU, Mizzou, UGA, and Arkansas and maybe Florida. If we don't beat Florida we truly are cursed against them.

Reactions: 7 people
We gonna go 10 and 2!?!? Where did u pick up your orange shaded glasses?

Shucks if we are going 10-2 we might as well go ahead and win those other 2 games, finish the regular season at 12-0, win the SECCG, then 2 playoff games, finish the year at 15-0 with a nice big Shiney Trophy. Just sayin.

Reactions: 13 people
Seriously with who we have returning, and our recruits who could make immediate impact. The only 2 possible losses I see are UGA and Bama.. and I say possible because both teams are beatable.

UGA, if we can contain chubbs it is game over. But he is the type of player that if you let him get going he can easily put the game on his back and win it for his team.

Bama, they are vulnerable to tempo and speed which we have. And our defense can very well shut them down if they play lights out.

I'll go on record now sayin we win the east, JMO and I know the posters on here who will have some snide remark about it already, luckily I have them all on ignore.

No one in the SEC has as many coming back as we do..and we having some amazing EE's that will have the time with our program to help us out.

We will be the talk of the nation which will give the coaches enough juice to bring in another top 3 class next year and put us into the playoffs in 2016.

You are titled to your opinion and I would be ecstatic if you are right. But we still have the same OL, plus Blair and some freshmen. True they have another year in the system and should be improved. Our depth will still made up with young players. Dobbs need to be more accurate with his passes, but hopefully he can work on that this offseason. My prediction is 8-5 or possibly 9-4 with a trip to a New Years bowl. FWWIW.

Reactions: 2 people
'Bama can handle the speed and tempo. It seems that THE way to beat them is over the top and there should be enough wide receivers to have the red elephant DBs dragging their tongues.

Reactions: 1 person
:dance2:YES YES YES! My glasses have always been orange colored. Expectation vs. Reality is not my world. I just love my Vols. I know my Vols will be whup n someones a** on Jan. 1, 2016...and I will be running down Kansas City streets in the damn cold, decked head to toe in Orange with my Tennessee state flag pulling in the wind yelling Rocky Top at the top of what is left of my lungs!

Reactions: 3 people
Considering how close we played UGA with Worley as our starter this year, next year being at home and what UGA loses, I'm looking at a possible 11-1 (Bama being the possible loss) regular season. And I think pending health and developed depth, it's doable!

Okay then, I will call you Whatever!

You seem to be really optimistic and not really realistic. I see a loss to Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri & Florida.

Alabama & Oklahoma have had more years to build their programs. We will be in year three of our rebuilding process. I see those games as losses.

Missouri has a defense that is out of this world and they have many reserves ready to fill in for those that graduated. So, their stingy defense will not give us anything. Another loss.

Florida will be a loss to us because they are Florida. It always seems even when we have a better roster than them or better coaching than them, they always win the game. I think Florida could put kindergarden kids on the field and we would still lose to them.

Record will be 8 - 4 in the regular season and 9 - 4 including the bowl game.

It's GREAT to be a Tennessee Vol. Not yeah, but hell yeah!!!

While it is good to be a Vol, I see a few more.

Until we beat Florida, I will never write them off.
Mizzou is a threat, I hate to admit it but Pinkel overachieved based on talent.
Arkansas finished this season with ridiculous momentum.
Don't underestimate Oklahoma, while we may end up favored in that game, it is not an auto win.

Everyone else I expect to beat, although South Carolina is not a really a given.

This makes me sound like a negavol, but I still think we might be looking at a 9-10 win regular season this year. I think we lose Bama, and lose two out of OU, Mizzou, UGA, and Arkansas and maybe Florida. If we don't beat Florida we truly are cursed against them.

Arkansas will be a force with which to be reckoned. OU and the "Silver Britches" will be in Neyland and that certainly helps. Bama and Mizzou are away and will be tough; doable, but, tough. Can't wait....

Considering how close we played UGA with Worley as our starter this year, next year being at home and what UGA loses, I'm looking at a possible 11-1 (Bama being the possible loss) regular season. And I think pending health and developed depth, it's doable!

But I don't think UGA really losses anything except their mediocre QB...

VN Store

Back