Peterman Transferring?

oryankees

There have been a few rumors and reports circulating about Nathan Peterman moving on.

Here’s what we know: Newcomer Quinten Dormady has been issued the No. 12 (Peterman’s old number) and Peterman, as of this morning, wasn’t showing up in UT’s active database of students. Peterman graduated after the fall semester and could transfer as a graduate student and not have to sit out if he enrolls in a graduate school that UT does not have.

Again, nothing confirmed from UT, but it looks like Peterman’s three-year tenure in Knoxville might be over.

-RTI

SIAP. I found this rather interesting...

EDIT: On top of this, the Vols currently are the "clear cut" favorites for 4* QB Sheriron Jones who I believe is set to make a decision in the next week or so. So, this could also be why the staff is recruiting a 3rd QB for this class.

Sheriron Jones

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Great kid. If true, hope he goes somewhere he can start and plays well. Ill be following him wherever he goes

Reactions: 16 people
Hopefully He is. ETSU,WCU or UTC would be great places for him to go to get a chance to start.

He doesn't need to transfer to an FCS school to play immediately. If he enrolls as a graduate student, he could play right away for an FBS school. This is how Russell Wilson played right away for Wisconsin after transferring from N.C. State, for example.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully He is. ETSU,WCU or UTC would be great places for him to go to get a chance to start.

ETSU is playing their first season and playing a mix of FCS, D2, D3 schools. Not sure he would want that.

UTC has a SR QB who is very, very good and the Coach's son. Not sure that would be good for Peterman.

He doesn't have to go FCS since he has graduated. He could go to a lower tier FBS.

Good luck to Peterman wherever he ends up. Seems like a good dude and I hope he has a lot of success in the future.

Reactions: 11 people
He doesn't need to transfer to an FCS school to play immediately. If he enrolls as a graduate student, he could play right away for an FBS school. This is how Russell Wilson played right away for Wisconsin after transferring from N.C. State, for example.

He doesn't need to transfer to a FCS school to play IMMEDIATELY...he needs to transfer to a FCS school so he can PLAY

:yess:

Reactions: 27 people
ETSU is playing their first season and playing a mix of FCS, D2, D3 schools. Not sure he would want that.

UTC has a SR QB who is very, very good and the Coach's son. Not sure that would be good for Peterman.

He doesn't have to go FCS since he has graduated. He could go to a lower tier FBS.

Western Carolina or Davidson would be good along with Austin Peay

If he stayed here, he would likely be one snap away from significant playing time. With Dobbs running the ball at times, it increases the chances of him being injured. Thus Peterman gets him chance again. However; if Dobbs were injured, how long would Peterman be able to keep his job before being unseated by a freshman?

Reactions: 2 people
So I assume this means Dormady or Jennings will be the #2? That's a little scary, when you consider how much Dobbs is running... Not sure Peterman would do much better, but at least he has some game experience..

Reactions: 7 people
He doesn't need to transfer to a FCS school to play IMMEDIATELY...he needs to transfer to a FCS school so he can PLAY

Took the words right out of my mouth!

That said, we would welcome him with open arms at ETSU! :clapping:

If he's only playing one more year anyway, would be a great chance for our younger QB's to learn from him and be able to sit and develop a year before playing.

Doesn't Peterman still have 2 years of eligibility left?

He does seem to be a good kid, and has taken all of this in stride without complaining...at least publicly. Sometimes a change of scenery can make a.great difference. I hope he finds a place he can play, and does well. Good luck to the young man...

Reactions: 5 people
I want to give Peterman props and a shout of praise for giving his all for Tennessee.
Best wishes for your future young man.
Go Vol's

Reactions: 4 people
He doesn't seem to perform under pressure situations.
Take him out of one of the most intense "spotlight" schools in the nation, He may just show the impressiveness he has in practice.
If he is moving on, THANK YOU for choosing UT.
Good luck sir.
I will always think higher of a kid that chose UT! :D

Took the words right out of my mouth!

That said, we would welcome him with open arms at ETSU! :clapping:

If he's only playing one more year anyway, would be a great chance for our younger QB's to learn from him and be able to sit and develop a year before playing.

Two years of being the man would be a good experience...My feeling is he wouldn't beat out the coach's son at UTC.

Hope the staff works hard to find him the perfect landing spot...VFL even though the QBing thing didn't work out too well at UT - IMHO

VN Store

Back