6 incoming defensive linemen best in the nation not just SEC.

QB is the most important position on any team.

But defensive line is absolutely the most important position group on any team. They make the defense better; they make the offense better by creating negative plays.

Winter is coming for Vol opponents. This class of DLinemen is unreal. Butch gets it.

Reactions: 10 people
How many of these recruits could possibly be swayed to UNC if Coach Thig moves over there?

Would it make you panic more or less if I said all of them? :)

Some are currently on campus as EE, I think Phillips should be in pretty soon as well. Taylor and Ford might be impacted by some staff changes although I'm not sure Thig leaving would impact them. Neither would end up at UNC but VaTech could be a concern with Taylor and UF with Ford. That said Thig isn't going anywhere and the only place those Dlinemen are going is to the Vols.

How many of these recruits could possibly be swayed to UNC if Coach Thig moves over there?

If these players are more interested in getting ahead in the classroom vs on the field, it's rumored that Chapel Hill has a reputation for excellence in the ladder....

Reactions: 1 person
If these players are more interested in getting ahead in the classroom vs on the field, it's rumored that Chapel Hill has a reputation for excellence in the ladder....
Its a fact that for decades they just passed people to their sheepskins. Talk of pulling some of those diplomas back, very tarnished academics at Chapel Hill, proceed at your own risk.

Reactions: 1 person
Having great DT's allows for 1 or 1 blocking for the ends and many times call for an extra TE for blocking which takes away a passing option.... Good for us.. Bad for them

Thanks for sharing, I think their looking forward to making an impack as a group
and getting Tennessee football back on top.

Having great DT's allows for 1 or 1 blocking for the ends and many times call for an extra TE for blocking which takes away a passing option.... Good for us.. Bad for them
Yep. If you have to double team even one player it puts the offense at a disadvantage. Line play is where this conference is won and lost. Butch gets that.

Well, doesn't he coach linebackers? Associate head coach and defensive line coach Stripling might have played a role in signing these guys, don't you think?

I thought Thig was the only coach who actually recruited?

Kidding of couse.

But defensive line is absolutely the most important position group on any team. They make the defense better; they make the offense better by creating negative plays.

Winter is coming for Vol opponents. This class of DLinemen is unreal. Butch gets it.

Nice reference "Winter is Coming" You must be a Stark from Winterfell!

I agree that for one position it's key. But controlling the Los as a unit is hugely critical. If you can control from the center out, then you prolly win most games.

"With the commitment of six of the nation's elite defensive linemen coming in, 2015 looks horrifying for Volunteer opponents."
Tennessee Defensive Line: Chaos Is Coming - Rocky Top Talk

This is quarter-chub (times 4) inducing. Yes, full-on chub.

Nice article, thanks for sharing.

True.

Yaysh!

Winter is coming for Vol opponents.
GoT and Vols football. Two of my favorite things (not in that order). Another chub. :)

And just as importantly, it frees up the 'backers to play wide open and make plays.

Man, I really can't wait to see how this plays out. Sucks that I have no other choice but to wait.

VN Store

Back