An Alarming Stat or a hoax?

jboyinmiss

A friend of mine just put a post on Facebook that Dobbs finished the year 20th in QBR one spot behind Jameis Winston. Any truth to that?

When is people going to wake up on here, the kid is the real deal he fits this system to a T:) He just needs to work on the deep throws in the offseason and he will, then we will have a All SEC QB for the next 2 years, its like a lot of the fans are waiting on him to take a step back, he wont he is a very good QB.:lolabove:

Reactions: 18 people
What is alarming is how many people expect coaches to see into the future with the same clarity that our fans can see into the past.

Reactions: 54 people
The I guess he must be one of those players that plays better than he practices to have been 3rd on the depth charts at the start of the season

It wasn't about that. CBJ wanted to redshirt him for long term stability and depth. Worley was to get us through the season with Peterman backing him up. Well Worley got hurt and Peterman is only good for taking a knee at the end of the game.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 9 people
Not to take anything away from Dobbs, but Bajakian's offense is built for a QB to blow it up with efficiency stats.

Like 75% of the passes are gimme throws either at the LOS or just short slants and curls.

Reactions: 3 people
A friend of mine just put a post on Facebook that Dobbs finished the year 20th in QBR one spot behind Jameis Winston. Any truth to that?

Okay that's great however here is my take on Dobbs to this point. He is really good at making something out of nothing. Play breaks down he can definitely get positive yards most of the time. He has to make or complete in my opinion at least 25 passes per game next season in order to keep the D-fense honest. SEC d-coordinators are to smart to allow him to keep doing what he has so far. His deep ball throws have to definitely improve otherwise no defense will respect it. It can't be him and Hurd running all the time and the playbook has to get more diverse. Hell even the announcer the other day was saying, "if Hurd is behind him it's a run up the middle, If Hurd is beside him him they are going wide, and If Hurd is in front then it's pass blocking". We cannot be that predictable and not get exposed.

Having said that I think the coaching staff will get more dynamic now that Dobbs is the guy and they know his strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to seeing all this young talent continue to get better and better!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Dobb's is in the top 20 primarily because of his running stats. Based on Total EPA, he doesn't even break the top 50. And ftr I'm a Dobb's fan... just trying to point out the obvious.

Reactions: 1 person
How the formula for QBR was created:

tumblr_lpzoe3SfzK1qm2nuq.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
The problem is that nobody can actually explain that stat.

I think it's very instructive to see who the qbs are ahead of him. Pretty much a who's who of college football qbs this year validates the rating imo. He's in good company.

Reactions: 3 people
The I guess he must be one of those players that plays better than he practices to have been 3rd on the depth charts at the start of the season

Please stop bro. We don't know the sich therefore you cant speak as if you know the truth. No one here was at the practices and the analysts who were stated that he was a poor practice guy. Coaches did what the majority of us would have done. Start the guy who practiced well and who had beaten a top five sc team the year before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
OTE=vol_in_ar;11051925]but didn't play against GA and Fl[/QUOTE] No he just had to play against those weaklings at Bammer.

Reactions: 2 people
Does qb take into consideration the ability to avoid pressure? Or run for first downs when nothing else is there? How about the qb's ability to understand what the defense is trying to do an adapt to it? Serious questions? Most of these ratings are basedppurely on passing statistics but there is a lot more the qb must do to be successful. And 20th isn't that bad anyway. I'd have live to have ended the season ranked 20th as a team.

VN Store

Back