Carol- The 80 Year Old Inebriated Lady at Gator Bowl

BleedorangeinGA

Proud member of the West Georgia Heup Club
Just curious if anyone else ran into this lady while down in Jacksonville.

Wednesday I see this elderly lady (no joke, every bit of 80 years old) walking in our direction down Jacksonville beach. She walked like she was doing the Bernie. The closer we got to her I was thinking this poor lady must need some help. Nope.. Just had her red solo cup full of "her special juice" and wobbling around with a name tag that said " Carol- Knoxville Tours" I asked her how she was, thinking she may still need some help. We struck up a conversation, she asked where I was from, made small talk and asked her if we could walk her back just to be safe. During our walk she tells us how she was once lovers with former Knoxville banker that was a Hawkeye fan and had to root for Iowa also.. Crazy deal but hey, we walked her back and said our goodbyes.

Thursday- Pep rally, as we are leaving we see her again sitting on the curb alone asking people to massage her feet. I stop and asked her again if she was ok, she stated yes, her group would be coming down shortly and was waiting on them.

Friday- 2 minutes left in game and the stands are starting to empty and who do we see again? Carol, staggering down the stairs yelling " If I let go of my pants they will fall off"

Not once did I ever see her with anyone. It was one of the most bizarre things I have seen in awhile. Carol was every bit 80 years old and was inebriated each time I saw her but was never with anyone and always had the name tag that said Carol- Knoxville Tours but was never actually seen with a group.

Did anyone else see her while they were in Jacksonville?

Reactions: 4 people

Wednesday I see this elderly lady (no joke, every bit of 80 years old) walking in our direction down Jacksonville beach. She walked like she was doing the Bernie. The closer we got to her I was thinking this poor lady must need some help. Nope.. Just had her red solo cup full of "her special juice" and wobbling around with a name tag that said " Carol- Knoxville Tours" I asked her how she was, thinking she may still need some help. We struck up a conversation, she asked where I was from, made small talk and asked her if we could walk her back just to be safe. During our walk she tells us how she was once lovers with former Knoxville banker that was a Hawkeye fan and had to root for Iowa also.. Crazy deal but hey, we walked her back and said our goodbyes.

Thursday- Pep rally, as we are leaving we see her again sitting on the curb alone asking people to massage her feet. I stop and asked her again if she was ok, she stated yes, her group would be coming down shortly and was waiting on them.

Friday- 2 minutes left in game and the stands are starting to empty and who do we see again? Carol, staggering down the stairs yelling " If I let go of my pants they will fall off"

Not once did I ever see her with anyone. It was one of the most bizarre things I have seen in awhile. Carol was every bit 80 years old and was inebriated each time I saw her but was never with anyone and always had the name tag that said Carol- Knoxville Tours but was never actually seen with a group.

Too bad you didn't make a video:wink:

Dang but I'm almost sure I've seen the lady in the picture at Neyland... isn't she an usher or something?

It was my grandmother. She told me some guy kept following her all around Jacksonville. she said,"he kept giving me foot rubs and red solo cups with funny tasting prune juice, but i can't remember much of the game afterwards."

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
I saw an old lady vol fan at the pep rally who was half out of her mind. Did a news report with one of the news stations (don't think he was recording just making her happy) she had a on a orange and white checkerboard fedora lol. Was doing the gator chomp to the Iowa band as they marched by

I saw the lady whose pic u have posted and wanted to ask vn about her. She got a hug from every player during the vol walk. Very sweet. Anyone know her story?

That's awesome. I hope you know I wasn't saying she was inebriated. The OP just made me think of this pic I saw on utsports.com. I should have been a little more clear.

Last edited:
I saw an old lady vol fan at the pep rally who was half out of her mind. Did a news report with one of the news stations (don't think he was recording just making her happy) she had a on a orange and white checkerboard fedora lol. Was doing the gator chomp to the Iowa band as they marched by

Iowa fans do a "gator chomp" looking deal to symbolize a hawk comp.

"The Hawkeye Marching Band will perform the “Imperial March” after the Iowa defense forces a 4th down, while the fans clap in an up and down motion, imitating the beak of a Hawk chomping."

We didn't see it much during the bowl game :)

you motorboatin' sonofa*****
vince-vaughn-motorboat-o.gif

That's awesome. I hope you know I wasn't saying she was inebriated. The OP just made me think of this pic I saw on utsports.com. I should have been a little more clear.

The impression I got was that somehow she knew everybody. She literally got a hug from 75 to 80 UT football players at the end of the walk. These were stop and smile - throw your arms around grandma hugs that lasted a while. Didn't appear to be her first rodeo.

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for looking out for my grandma.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back