Hawaii - Rice-Fresno St. - 25,365

Quick Lane - Rutgers-North Carolina - 23,876

Miami Beach - Memphis-BYU - 20,761

Camellia - Bowling Green-South Alabama - 20,256

Potato Air Force-We. Michigan - 18,223

Bahamas - WKU-Central Michigan - 13,667

*Rose - Oregon-Florida St. - 91,322

*Sugar - Ohio State-Alabama - 74,682

I watched a lot of the games and I was at the gator bowl. We had a lot more fans than half of those games.

I think the attendance had to be smaller than 58,000 for the Orange Bowl. It looked like 45,000 people were there at the most.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Dave Hart was personally responsible for getting this team into the best bowl we could possibly get due to his relationships! He deserves a great big HUAAAAAAAH for his efforts!

Reactions: 7 people
Considering Iowa brought 3000 people,you likely were looking at an attendance of 70000 for any other team sent to Jax

when looking at the attendance it really supports we have way to many bowl games. the only way some of those places made money would have to be tv revenue.

again our bowl had to do with texas am not wanting to play texas so that threw a kink into placements of teams.. dave hart had little impact.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Dave Hart was personally responsible for getting this team into the best bowl we could possibly get due to his relationships! He deserves a great big HUAAAAAAAH for his efforts!

Welcome to Volnation Dave and great job.

Reactions: 2 people
Should have an asterisk next to it that says *50,000 Vol fans lol.

Asterisk! Asterisk! Asterisk!

I know that's a long trip for them, but after that kind of support, I don't know why any bowl would want them in the future.

Iowa will probably be looking for a new coach when they stagger to a 6-6 record and go to the Motor City Bowl in 2015. Even Ferentz admits the hotseat is even worse for him now than it was it 2012 when they went 4-8. Iowa fans were expecting 9 wins probably and very po'ed about how the season turned out.

From what I read on Iowa websites, they had 10,000 last year at the Outback Bowl in Tampa. Iowa having so few fans had little to do with the distance; it had to do with the malaise surrounding the program. Iowa is the legion of miserable these days.

Iowa will probably be looking for a new coach when they stagger to a 6-6 record and go to the Motor City Bowl in 2015. Even Ferentz admits the hotseat is even worse for him now than it was it 2012 when they went 4-8. Iowa fans were expecting 9 wins probably and very po'ed about how the season turned out.
Ferentz's whole career at Iowa has been a roller coaster ride. It's amazing how long he's lasted and how much money he's made for no apparent reason.

Ferentz's whole career at Iowa has been a roller coaster ride. It's amazing how long he's lasted and how much money he's made for no apparent reason.

I think the Iowa AD and Ferentz are buddies but he'll be forced to fire him after another mediocre season for Iowa in 2015.

I know that's a long trip for them, but after that kind of support, I don't know why any bowl would want them in the future.

There were 4 in our section in 409 but they got very quiet once the game started. One guy admitted they were out of their league playing the Vols. He said that he thought they would compete but the results proved different. Iowa Blows!!!!!! They just lucky we didn't play starters in 4th quarter.

when looking at the attendance it really supports we have way to many bowl games. the only way some of those places made money would have to be tv revenue.

again our bowl had to do with texas am not wanting to play texas so that threw a kink into placements of teams.. dave hart had little impact.

Dave Hart and the president of the gator bowl have been friends for years.
They had talked for weeks before the announcement about Tennessee playing there.

Reactions: 4 people
I know Iowa fans and the coach have issues, but honestly I can't wrap my head around being a fan not wanting to be there to see your players play.

He's got about a $10 million buyout so Iowa will have to keep him for a while. Mike Hamilton must've negotiated that contract

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back