Booger "McFarland" on Dobbs

bigsteve13

THE BOSS
"Early 2015 Heisman candidate"

High praise, but a bit of a reach for me. His run threat is incredible but where he's going to have to put it together this off season is the deep threat (like where he missed Pig yesterday.) He absolutely has the arm strength, just needs to get the timing with the WR corps. So excited to have so much optimism about our future. it's going to be a fun offseason awaiting 2015. Go vols!!

SEC players to watch in 2015 - ESPN Video - ESPN

***updated the title because the average age of posters on here is 5***

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

High praise, but a bit of a reach for me. His run threat is incredible but where he's going to have to put it together this off season is the deep threat (like where he missed Pig yesterday.) He absolutely has the arm strength, just needs to get the timing with the WR corps. So excited to have so much optimism about our future. it's going to be a fun offseason awaiting 2015. Go vols!!

I seriously thought I was going to open a thread with a picture with booger on Dobbs face or something

Reactions: 10 people
Played in six games this year and had 1206 yds passing, 462 yds rushing, 9 passing TDs, 8 rushing TDs, and 6 INTs.

I'm anxious to see what he can do next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Please stop this.. Dobbs is not going to be a ht contender. I'm hoping he improves his qb presence n thinks throw first n run second. Also his throws are mostly high n that leads to overthrows n interceptions. If he improves then I will feel better about our chances against the big 3.

Reactions: 7 people
Please stop this.. Dobbs is not going to be a ht contender. I'm hoping he improves his qb presence n thinks throw first n run second. Also his throws are mostly high n that leads to overthrows n interceptions. If he improves then I will feel better about our chances against the big 3.

Tough customer

Reactions: 11 people
He needs a off season with these same receivers.. Work on routes and timing. He has to get better in the passing game for us to do really good things. He'll get better at reads naturally with more time in the film room and more reps. He's got plenty of upside.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs is not good enough at this point to be considered for a HT. Maybe later. I wish him and our team the best in 2015 and beyond.
I also agree he is not accurate throwing long balls. It has been a long time since UT has had an accurate deep threat passer. Dobbs should improve. After all he is young and not started that many games.
When the game slows for him, and he reads the defense better, becomes more accurate with the long pass, then he might be considered.

Reactions: 4 people

The correct word is presents dummie.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought this was about Booger Cheeks getting boogers on Dobbs after the game. I saw him down on the sideline booger face and all.

He needs to work with Peyton in the off season on his passing and learn. Did a great job this year but still much to learn to be considered for Heisman.
That said, I gave up on the Heisman being a measuring stick for athletic greatness when Peyton was by-passed. Tennessee has never had one though we've had 4 runner-ups ('51 Lauricella; '56 Majors; '93 Schuler; and of course '97 Manning.
Not holding my breath that Tennessee will ever get one, politics ya know.

Nonesense. Altho he could be a top 3 sec qb if he continues to improve on the downfield passing. Not sure who is coming back. Hurd has a better chance IMO

Do you have a speech impediment negative Nancy??

Reactions: 7 people
Not for nothin', but if Majors lost it to Hornung (sp?) that was on a 2 win Notre Lame team, and Peyton lost it to Woodson, then it just isn't in the cards for UT to ever have a player win the Hypesman.

I have to agree with ESPN he is a good candidate. Of course he is going to improve the only way that doesn't happen is if he doesn't practice at all. I don't know if anyone saw the back shoulder pass to Von P but that was pretty accurate.

Our WR also have to do a better job of gaining separation on deep routes.

His pocket presents is improving greatly, thank you very much.

Dobbs is a better passer than Worley, IMHO. If that deep pass is to a big WR like Malone, that is probably a catch. It's extremely hard to connect with a 5'8" slot WR on a deep pass, that was decently covered.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFvARkJjvjU[/youtube]

Last edited:

Is typing the "I" really that time consuming?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back