19 of 22 starters & 40 of 44 players on today's 2-deep return in 2015

govols120

15-0
I don't think I realized just how young this year's team was until seeing this. Hope everyone got their beatings in on Tennessee while they could, because it's going to be juuuust a bit tougher now.

Reactions: 13 people
That doesn't even include the plethora of injured receivers coming back or factor in some of the instant impact freshman coming in this offseason.

We finna be staaaaacked.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think I realized just how young this year's team was until seeing this. Hope everyone got their beatings in on Tennessee while they could, because it's going to be juuuust a bit tougher now.

We are going to turn quite a few heads next year. We have looked like a fringe top 25 team since Dobbs took over, and that is despite being the youngest and least experienced team in the country. Give us (what is likely to be) the most returning players in the two deep in the country, give us a slightly easier schedule, and give us another top 5 recruiting class coming in, and 2015 could be a lot of fun.

Edit: Can any of our search savvy members find out the record for returning members of the two deep?

Last edited:
If you're curious for the future: given today's starting lineup, at least 14 of today's 22 will still be around in 2016.

We need to continue to bond as a team over the offseason and really embrace the new guys.

As well as hope guys like Josh Malone stick around.

Same crap said after yr two of dools.. we need 8 wins min to get the monkey off our backs in 2015

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tennessee ranked in top 25 to start the year. They will be the favorite to win the east next year...

I'm getting tired of the "just like dools" argument.

Go back and watch any one of his 3 miserable seasons, it's like watching a whole season of six feet under. Sometimes you're confused, once in a while it makes you laugh but if you're paying attention you mostly cry.

Midway through season 2 he was borderline terrible and was evident from the end of season 2 early season 3 that he gave up. Nothing comparable to the passion/hard work/recruiting that Jones has brought to the program.

The ONLY thing CDD can be credited with is Vol for Life program.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol.. What bowl game did he win?

He lost a game in such a manner that the NCAA unanimously (aka never happens) changed the rules because of it, which is truly more "impactful" than winning, in a negative way of course.

We had as much excitement with Bray, Rogers, Hunter, and CP as we'll ever have on a team. Sadly it never panned out and we didn't have half the depth we do now. But we'll never have a WR core + QB as talented as those three plus Bray would've been.

Rogers keeps his head on straight and he's a late first rounder/early second rounder himself at UT, just not after being kicked off and being at any non FBS school.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tennessee ranked in top 25 to start the year. They will be the favorite to win the east next year...
This could happen. The media loves Dobbs, telling his story, portrays NCAA fb positively. I'm not sure we should get that ranking until we see performance on the field, but I think we catch OU just right and deliver a beat down on 'em. If we do , yep we need to be ranked.

He lost a game in such a manner that the NCAA unanimously (aka never happens) changed the rules because of it, which is truly more "impactful" than winning, in a negative way of course.

We had as much excitement with Bray, Rogers, Hunter, and CP as we'll ever have on a team. Sadly it never panned out and we didn't have half the depth we do now. But we'll never have a WR core + QB as talented as those three plus Bray would've been.

Rogers keeps his head on straight and he's a late first rounder/early second rounder himself at UT, just not after being kicked off and being at any non FBS school.

He had a few good players while his team underacheived.

Other than that, cool story bro

Same crap said after yr two of dools.. we need 8 wins min to get the monkey off our backs in 2015

You mad cause none of your doomsday prophecies are coming true and things are looking up? Keep looking for negatives. You'll find something to whine about here and there but my glass is half full right now. Lots to be thankful for in the state of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no comparison between Butch and the last 2 idiot coaches that we had....this is brand new, these kids are a different breed and we have an entirely different attitude on this team...it IS all about winning now and these kids only expect to win. We will have another huge recruiting season and we will take the EAST! With the collapse of the West in bowl season we will have huge momentum! Next year we have both Carolina and Georgia at home....huge games for us to win!!

We are going to turn quite a few heads next year. We have looked like a fringe top 25 team since Dobbs took over, and that is despite being the youngest and least experienced team in the country. Give us (what is likely to be) the most returning players in the two deep in the country, give us a slightly easier schedule, and give us another top 5 recruiting class coming in, and 2015 could be a lot of fun.

Edit: Can any of our search savvy members find out the record for returning members of the two deep?

Yes, and post-game, "now we have to go assemble a top 3, top 4 recruiting class...which we will."

I sure wasn't expecting this comment this morning. The fact that we were dominant in any bowl game tells me that this is certainly a different team than Dooley ever had. My eyes have been telling me the same thing since Butch got here. Guess Tennessee will just have to get 8 wins next year to get you on board. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back