How good of a job did Butch Jones coach this season?

How well did Butch Jones coach this season?

• Total voters

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
In my opinion, considering we had one of the hardest schedules in the country and had one of the worst O-Lines in the SEC, I think Butch Jones did a very good job of coaching and keeping his team focused this season. Sure, he's made some questionable calls in some games but there's not one coach out there that doesn't make mistakes every now & then. He brought us to our first bowl win since 2008. I truly believe he is our guy that will bring us back on top in the SEC. What does the rest of VolNation think? :clapping:

Reactions: 6 people
I think he met and slightly exceed my expectations. I was expecting 6-6 with a bowl game. I wanted one marquee win. I was hoping for a Gator beat down, but overall I saw that the kids played very hard. This team was disciplined and played with fire.

Two more years before we can expect big things!

Reactions: 3 people
IMO - he did well given our roster, O line play, and 23 Frosh playing roles...well done CBJ....

In my opinion, considering we had one of the hardest schedules in the country and had one of the worst O-Lines in the SEC, I think Butch Jones did a very good job of coaching and keeping his team focused this season. Sure, he's made some questionable calls in some games but there's not one coach out there that doesn't make mistakes every now & then. He brought us to our first bowl win since 2008. I truly believe he is our guy that will bring us back on top in the SEC. What does the rest of VolNation think? :clapping:

he accomplished about what he was supposed to. Beat who he was supposed to but didn't knock anyone off that was an upset. We really didn't beat anyone any good. Next year will bring challenges. Its now time to take the next step and pull of an upset or two, beat a team that is really good.

It was a six to 8 win team. They won six plus the bowl. As Larry said, he beat who he was supposed to beat. Now they need to prove they can win on a higher level.

Reactions: 2 people
He has performed miracles at times this season. The Oline was a jumbled mess all year, and that was before all the injuries to it. We just started going decent and our center goes out. I can't recall during the season when 2 or 3 wrs were not out. Youngest team in the nation and one of the most difficult schedules, then become bowl eligible. Then smoke a team in that bowl game. There was a Vol walk at the bowl! Amazing what CBJ has done. I would imagine we start the season in the top 25 after the bowl game performance. GBO!

he accomplished about what he was supposed to. Beat who he was supposed to but didn't knock anyone off that was an upset. We really didn't beat anyone any good. Next year will bring challenges. Its now time to take the next step and pull of an upset or two, beat a team that is really good.

I wonder -- will Oklahoma still be considered really good next season ?

Good. I think a higher grade would've meant beating UF and UGA, or OU or Ole Miss. We are definitely turning the corner and heading in the right direction though.

I would say he did a great job.

But there's no way I'm going to vote in a poll less than 1 hour after a big win. Ask me in the morning.

Did good, not great. Play calling was suspect sometimes but this season was a complete success. Next step for next season has to be 8ish wins and be in the conversation for the east down the stretch

Reactions: 1 person

Very well put.

Depleted WRs, inexperienced OL, main qb goes down, freshmen galore, aj distraction, rough schedule...

He pulled a winning season out of another mess amd that's saying something.

Reactions: 4 people
The UGA and FL games should have been won and I'm also disappointed that we can't beat Mizzou at home. Therefore, I give Butch a B- grade for this year.

Reactions: 1 person
He has done more good than bad. There are a couple areas I would question, but overall pretty fantastic.

The most noticeable thing to me: when we have time to prepare i.e. The first game, coming off bye weeks, the bowl game... our team tends to perform really well. That, to me, is a great sign.

VN Store

Back