Any Excuses?

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
Some fans are often called out for making excuses in a loss.

Wondering if any Negative Vol fans have any excuses for a very dominate win?

This was a very pleasant surprise. Let this coach, Coach the team. We are more than likely still two years out, however we are making strides where it counts. Academically, Discipline, depth, recruiting, Physical presence, intensity.

I guess all those injuries affected us. We had some players step up today on both sides of the ball and the OL played one of their best games of the season. The goal was a bowl game and it happened, the win was the icing on the top.

I am sure some negavols can find an excuse as to why we won this game convincingly?

:popcorn:?

Reactions: 1 person

This was a very pleasant surprise. Let this coach, Coach the team. We are more than likely still two years out, however we are making strides where it counts. Academically, Discipline, depth, recruiting, Physical presence, intensity.

I guess all those injuries affected us. We had some players step up today on both sides of the ball and the OL played one of their best games of the season. The goal was a bowl game and it happened, the win was the icing on the top.

I am sure some negavols can find an excuse as to why we won this game convincingly?

Last two iowa TDs were against our backups! They shouldn't count

I thought we looked good today. i'm happy.

It's only the Gator Bowl, we took our foot off the gas, kids didn't look good when they visited the hospital, we were sloppy getting on the bus, we didn't look well prepared for the pregame meal .....blah, blah, blah

Reactions: 3 people
This game felt similar to the USU and UK games, so no complaints here. Happy to have won a bowl game. Go Vols!

I was pleased. Team looked improved.

I agree. Bowl practices and attitude. Team grew up a lot since the end of the season. I think a lot of our expectations were high at the first of the year. This team will get better and this was one to grow on.

One of my Xs is an Iowa Girl, got to throw it in her face twice this year....Always a pleasure to rub salt in the wound.

Only thing I've seen negative today is this thread. Why bother?

Dumb thread... but nonetheless an outstanding effort. Very well coached and executed IMO. UT took away Iowa's O early and looked almost unstoppable for the first 4 drives. They found weaknesses against a team that thrives on executing more than athleticism.

Would have loved to have seen them hit that bomb and there were a couple of drops. Everything else was near perfect while the game was still competitive.

Very nice step in the right direction.

Reactions: 2 people
Dumb thread... but nonetheless an outstanding effort. Very well coached and executed IMO. UT took away Iowa's O early and looked almost unstoppable for the first 4 drives. They found weaknesses against a team that thrives on executing more than athleticism.

Would have loved to have seen them hit that bomb and there were a couple of drops. Everything else was near perfect while the game was still competitive.

Very nice step in the right direction.

Why comment then?

I think you are a realist more than most here, but face it there are some jerks here that are not trolls but just negative drama queens and it gets old.

We kicked there azz and make them like it just like I said we would we are TENNESEE, they are Iowa, the big ORANGE TRAIN IS ROLLING IN TO 15.:clapping:

So much improved.

O line was dominant.

Vols dominated on all sides of the field.

Great physical win!

Plus I just thought I could give some negavols a chance to spin the a good win.....

Why comment then?

I think you are a realist more than most here, but face it there are some jerks here that are not trolls but just negative drama queens and it gets old.

You are right... but just let them show themselves. You know they will.

Iowa was exactly what everyone should have expected them to be. UT's staff was short handed at WR and really LB too. Jones and staff badly... badly outcoached Ferentz and Iowa.

Why comment then?

With this thread, you are just as bad....if not worse. It's the weekly call out thread after a good game.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back